Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Areas for specific classes

Will some areas be accessible to some classes but not others?

I think it could bring some fun and some specifics for playing theses classes.

These areas would be accessible to these classrs for several reasons: Either because a class has an extra skill that allows it to reach specific areas (jumping, climbing etc.). Or because a class has specific resistances that allow it to resist monsters that other classes could not face (for example high resist fire to walk a long time on lava without dying).

Comments

• Options
    Would be a cool thing to see if by areas you mean a cave or tower or at most an island or something like that, but if by areas you mean like, whole zones, neah.

• Options
    Ironhope wrote: »
    Would be a cool thing to see if by areas you mean a cave or tower or at most an island or something like that, but if by areas you mean like, whole zones, neah.

Yeah I mean a small thing not a whole region )
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »

Thank you. Good to know that there will be some skills for better exploration.
    But nothing about the resistances to be able to go somewhere other cannot.
  • Options
    Honestly, I kind of wish more games had an agility skill like OSRS that anyone could practice. I understand that oftentimes, “Agility” is a skill, but it’s most often used for combat effectiveness. Dodge and crit chance. To see it used for an increased chance of landing parkour moves around ruins, cities, cave systems, dungeons, etc (maybe as a way of avoiding some combat or accessing some treasure) would be really awesome.
  • Options
    Myosotys wrote: »
    Will some areas be accessible to some classes but not others?

Or skills to help others reach places.
    Mages could make portals to enter and exit somewhere else not far away.
    Healers could keep others alive inside damage dealing environment or heal them while they fall.
    Some could grab a player and throw him over a chasm. Mounts might however serve better reaching certain places. I would rather give such special traits to mounts than to classes.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Gee1Gee1 Member
    edited October 2022
    no it would be shit if there are areas that are only accesable by spec races. If u think so, u have no plan about good mmos or how a mmo should be.
  • Options
    EhrgeizEhrgeiz Member
    edited October 2022
    I love utilities, in WoW vanilla I loved pickpocketing npcs, open locked doors and chests.
  • Options
    Ehrgeiz wrote: »
    I love utilities, in WoW vanilla I loved pickpocketing npcs, open locked doors and chests.

Yeah it's nice too but only if you access to some rare items. To increase trade and interaction between players. Or to find a reason to make a second char when you start to be fed up with the game.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I expect everywhere to be accessible to all classes.
    Some might be designed more towards the interests of a specific class. Sure.