Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Class Poll

superhero6785superhero6785 Member
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
The last Class Poll I could find was from January 2021. I saw a recent Archetype poll but I wanted to see what the Class interest is now, so I'm posting a new one! I did it through Google Forms because it allowed me to create a Grid selection. Unfortunately I couldn't restrict responses to only ONE row, so please just make ONE selection. Primary = Row, Secondary = Column.

https://forms.gle/hmB4zaKiPEsiuEWw8

Edit:
I know there's a typo on the subclass "Figh(t)er". I have to leave it as not to mess up existing responses, but I'm correcting it in the export. Here's the sort of 'heatmap' graph I threw together.

[updated 10/27 7:30pm EST]
hgyeb2bbl6cr.png

Edit 2:
I see some responses with multiple entries (for alts or undecided?). It's fine, it doesn't mess anything up, it just might skew the data a bit if people are including multiple class choices. It still accurately shows "interest" in the different classes, and it's obviously not going to be 100% accurate for people's final choices anyway, so it's whatever, just try not to go crazy with your selections.
f51pcwlbgn8a.png

Comments

• Options
    Good to see some responses coming in! I see there's an export as .csv option so once everyone has had an opportunity to vote I can try to export the results and get a nice visual done up.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    it'd be interesting to see where these polls end up over time and then whatever we have at post release whenever that ends up being
  • Options
    Might be better to just say pick all the classes you're interested in, so you get more data to work with.
  • Options
    worddog wrote: »
    Might be better to just say pick all the classes you're interested in, so you get more data to work with.

yeah, fair enough. Feel free to mark all you're interested in :)
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    Ranger/Summoner, Cleric/Bard, and Summoner/Tank - What can I say? I love supporting
    jlyhubmxm6w1.png

Founder and Guild Leader of -Providence-
  • Options
    I find it interesting that the trend is people want to double down on their archetype
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    People’s opinions might change when we get more information on how the classes work together. I’m sure there will be strong builds and weaker builds it’s doubtful they will balance all 64 classes exactly so some are going to be more popular than others. I’ve chosen my classes based on what I think the second class will do.
  • Options
    It really depends on what I can do with certain things
    But I'm looking at summer combination of tank and summoner
    Maybe tank/cleric if tank/summoner isnt fun
  • Options
    well someone decided to go and select almost all of the classes (I guess they don't like Ranger) :D
    I updated the graph with it, but debating taking that response out LOL
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    worddog wrote: »

worddog does not strike me as a data scientist
  • Options
    personally ever since they showed off their rouge concept I’ve been hooked on it.

The only question now is to cross it with cleric to be a cultist. Which just sounds so interesting that I need to try it.

Or to cross it with mage. Mage is the normal class I play so I most likely will end up with the nightspell.
  • Options
    I find it interesting that the trend is people want to double down on their archetype

imma play cleric cleric and just beat ppl down in 1v1 :D
    and rogue rogue on my alt to 1 shot those gatherers lmao
  • Options
    I'm planning on Tank/Bard, hoping for some sweet self (and team) support baked into abilities. Speed buff, break CC, Defense/Attack Up, etc. :)
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    IskiabIskiab Member
    edited October 2022
    I think it's a little early to get real answers. All I'm sure about is there will be a lot more rogues than the poll says, there always are.

I'll be playing a cleric/rogue or bard/rogue, have to get a feel for them first to decide.
  • Options
    superhero6785superhero6785 Member
    edited October 2022
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I think it's a little early to get real answers. All I'm sure about is there will be a lot more rogues than the poll says, there always are.

I'll be playing a cleric/rogue or bard/rogue, have to get a feel for them first to decide.

Yeah, it's all highly speculative at this point :)
    Probably won't have any REAL ideas until after A2 when we can get our hands on more of the classes and see how the subclasses work in detail.

An interesting note about the results...Nobody seems to want to take Ranger 2nd LOL. I guess because nobody knows what Ranger augments will entail exactly.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png