Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

GMs/Moderators IG - Will they be able to prevent bots, cheating duplic and toxic bahaviors ?

Let's be honest, if the game is a success, there will certainly not be enough GMs to solve the problems IG

GM is a job that needs to be paid and if there are volunteer free GM's we can be sure that there will be abuse, so they cannot have enough of professional GMs.

In my opinion, there should be a large number of moderators (why not elected every 2, 3, 4, 6 months whateaver by the players/staff).

These moderators could have a role beyond simply controlling the chat channels and mute a player/channel. They could be given a more RP role (with a cool skin that differentiates them). They could represent an example from the game's code of conduct. These moderators could have a priority channel to communicate with the GMs so that they can deal with problems more quickly.

A bit like the little policeman of proximity in the neighborhoods that all the inhabitants know and like.

Absolutely no GM flags for moderators (let's be clear)

I'm looking for a solution for the GMs who, as in all MMOs, will be overwhelmed with reports and will not be able to react in a timely manner on certain issues.

The problem of bots, the daily problems of toxic behaviors that GMs have a hard time dealing with. But I also think about the cheating/duplicating/bugs issues: Often when a large cheating bug is discovered, it takes several days before the devs are informed and aware of the problem.

While in this kind of situation it is necessary to react within hours (or even lessà, a moderator could communicate the rumors he heard in order to accelerate the measures taken by the devs.

I've always been an honest player and it makes me angry to see cheaters not being punished (or not punished enough). Not to mention that cheaters are gradually ruining the game as a whole.

Comments

• Options
    Honestly, I don't know how most of the people (if any) on this forum could answer these questions unless we got some former gave devs or game investors.

This question refers to economic and behind-the-scenes aspects your average mmo-rpg enthusiast (like 99% if not 100%) of people on this forum just won't know to answer.

Probably not people with experience in the gaming backscene could answer this because we still don't know how the game will perform.

Maybe it will be an absolute hit not only with the nieche PvX people but with everyone and hiring tons of GMs just isn't a problem financially.

We will have to wait and see and I suspect it's going to be a matter of trial and error for intrepid as well.

• Options
    No player can answer this question but they can give their opinion.
    And I think it is essential that the devs don't forget to work on this issue. Studios with hundreds of millions of $ of investment have not been able to avoid cheating/exploit on a large scale, so I think I have the right to ask questions about AOC.
  • Options
    Myosotys wrote: »
    Let's be honest,
    ... GMs
    will not be able to react in a timely manner
    and it makes me angry
    Patience :wink:
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    we'll see what they have planned for this in the future im sure since im not really sure how the whole process works

But if you were asking for ideas... i thought about some system where if you are constantly accurately reporting, say bots, you get your reports in a separate category that get addressed quicker. Or just some way to let players know their reports on problems are dealt with/successful.
  • Options
    Myosotys wrote: »
    Let's be honest, if the game is a success, there will certainly not be enough GMs to solve the problems IG

GM is a job that needs to be paid and if there are volunteer free GM's we can be sure that there will be abuse, so they cannot have enough of professional GMs.

In my opinion, there should be a large number of moderators (why not elected every 2, 3, 4, 6 months whateaver by the players/staff).

These moderators could have a role beyond simply controlling the chat channels and mute a player/channel. They could be given a more RP role (with a cool skin that differentiates them). They could represent an example from the game's code of conduct. These moderators could have a priority channel to communicate with the GMs so that they can deal with problems more quickly.

A bit like the little policeman of proximity in the neighborhoods that all the inhabitants know and like.

Absolutely no GM flags for moderators (let's be clear)

I'm looking for a solution for the GMs who, as in all MMOs, will be overwhelmed with reports and will not be able to react in a timely manner on certain issues.

The problem of bots, the daily problems of toxic behaviors that GMs have a hard time dealing with. But I also think about the cheating/duplicating/bugs issues: Often when a large cheating bug is discovered, it takes several days before the devs are informed and aware of the problem.

While in this kind of situation it is necessary to react within hours (or even lessà, a moderator could communicate the rumors he heard in order to accelerate the measures taken by the devs.

I've always been an honest player and it makes me angry to see cheaters not being punished (or not punished enough). Not to mention that cheaters are gradually ruining the game as a whole.

dude, you literally hire a call center in latinamerica and they hire regular people and train them on gm duties. its cheap and not so hard