Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What would you like to achieve on your first day of play?

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
For something different!

Comments

• Options
    Not dying in front of my computer in the 10.000 people queue.
    Not beeing disconneted
    Not lagging teleporting through the map

Reaching the first settlement/camp and do 1-2 quests.
  • Options
    Which first day, Alpha2 or Launch?

Alpha2 - not crashing
    Launch - smooth performance
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I hope the land is much vaster than that experienced during test phases and there is a good amount of time to explore before deciding to commit to a certain area to create base!
  • Options
    VoxtriumVoxtrium Member
    edited October 2022
    Well, personally I am hopeful that I get to even enter the server on day 1, but whenever day 1 is for me I would love to
    - Spend a few hours grinding 1-10 levels in the riverlands so I can get basic gear before departing to explore some of the areas further away from the Divine gates and the population so that I may find myself some favorable loot locations or perhaps just a really pretty freehold location. After that, start hard farming :)

@akabear You never answered your own post!
  • Options
    Ehrgeiz wrote: »
    Not dying in front of my computer in the 10.000 people queue.
    Not beeing disconneted
    Not lagging teleporting through the map

Reaching the first settlement/camp and do 1-2 quests.

this is also what i want :D
    and to farm and make money
  • Options
    Hope that I enjoy playing the game for many hours straight the first day and feel like I’m addicted enough to sleep 4 hours while fishing wake up sell all my fish and repeat. Find some sort of milestone or achieve something great. Really enjoy the class that I pick and try out some life skills that hold my attention. Find something new in the game that I’ve never enjoyed before and kill a boss that drops me some nice gear to show off to guild mates.
  • Options
    I kind of wanna get a head start on the artisan classes, I am very interested in the economic side of the game and how it will play out.
  • Options
    Deciding what race and archetype to roll.

Ideally, creating the character.
    Be bold. Be brave. Roll a Tulnar !
  • Options
    IronhopeIronhope Member
    edited October 2022
    Be massively immersed in the world of Vera, be absorbed into it by the scenery, music, quest stories and dialogue, combat, the same way Elwynn forest absorbed me so many years ago, even if with lesser intensity (me not being a kid anymore).

To be excited again that I slayed a bandit.

That I delivered an important message to a garrison.

That I found better wooden mace so I can do slightly better in the difficult combat.

To find a friend to play around with and do 2 person+ quests.

To sit in an inn and talk to strangers from across the continent, just chat, nothing special.

To win a low lvl duel where I'm backpeddeling like a total noob waiting for my two cooldowns to reset.

To forge my first weapon or armour and use it.

If that day goes this way, all the support, all the effort (money, suggestions) and all the love I put in this project will be worth it.

While I do have very high hopes for the game's systems I don't want the game to reinven the wheel when it comes to the basic stuff, I just want it to do what other classic mmo-rpgs did and do it well.

Just make sure the immersion, the low lvl quests, peacing and the combat difficulty, basic stuff like that, are polished beyond reproach even if you need to delay the game considerably.

• Options
    83i8d6bqwvkb.gif

This is gonna be me, sprinting towards my preferred node in hopes of outpacing the general populous, so that I miiiiight have the slightest chance to level that node to stage 1 and block out the neighbors.
  • Options
    Spending 1-2 hours in character creation.

Then, leveling uninterrupted for 10 hours.
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am going to find Dygz and follow him around and protect him while he explores his little heart out.
  • Options
    worddog wrote: »
    Spending 1-2 hours in character creation.

Then, leveling uninterrupted for 10 hours.

I am pretty sure the character creator will be available before launch... didnt they say that? so people didnt need to feel rushed through it.
  • Options
    Abarat wrote: »
    I am pretty sure the character creator will be available before launch... didnt they say that? so people didnt need to feel rushed through it.
    Yep, they even promised it before Alpha2
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Character_creator#Timeline

Though I'm not sure if we'll get it before then.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    83i8d6bqwvkb.gif

This is gonna be me, sprinting towards my preferred node in hopes of outpacing the general populous, so that I miiiiight have the slightest chance to level that node to stage 1 and block out the neighbors.

What`s the chance this island to have a scientific node?
    91k48de5n4pv.png

Pirates could teleport fast to PvP zones..
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Manage to create my first Char after probably spending 5-6 hours in the char creator
  • Options
    Getting me and my group to our preferred node to begin progressing it.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    akabear wrote: »
    For something different!

Would like to roll with about 30-40 of my friends griefing the hell out of the newbie zone for most of the day with throw away characters.
  • Options
    Strevi wrote: »
    83i8d6bqwvkb.gif

91k48de5n4pv.png

the evil scientist in his evil lair xD
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »

i feel like depraved has eaten a mushroom recently.
  • Options
    Abarat wrote: »
    Depraved wrote: »

i feel like depraved has eaten a mushroom recently.

i dont do drugs T_T

the island man, with the scientific node...
  • Options
    Wander…
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    91k48de5n4pv.png

Afaik that's the island with a castle on it. Depending on how the castle nodes work, the whole island might just be the castle and its 3 nodes, which afaik are none of the 4 types. So I think the chances are suuuuuuper small.
  • Options
    mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Get started on that freehold node, location and grind towards :)
  • Options
    91k48de5n4pv.png

Afaik that's the island with a castle on it. Depending on how the castle nodes work, the whole island might just be the castle and its 3 nodes, which afaik are none of the 4 types. So I think the chances are suuuuuuper small.

Pirate castle taking taxes from 20% of the map? :astonished:
    Then trying to defend weekly naval caravans towards them in a full pvp zone?
    Definitely some players will run the opposite way on their first day :smile:
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Run around naked in the wilderness while screaming "Wilson".... for a while. Later on would kill a few things and go where the wind guides me... Im a simple man ...
  • Options
    Run around naked in the wilderness while screaming "Wilson".... for a while. Later on would kill a few things and go where the wind guides me... Im a simple man ...

Running naked and molesting bunnies in the forest? Indeed only the first day is safe for such activities... Later screeshots will be posted on local bulletin boards. :smile:
  • Options
    1) Successfully joining up with guildies on the correct/same server

2) Running out to a location to grab a really cool/unique Node-setting. As elves? Probably that island in a lake in the East of the world, that is also then surrounded by and at the center of heavy forrest.

• Options
    For alpha I just don't want major connection issues, for first actual day at launch I just plan on exploring around and taking it all in. Low key, no stress, just a dunir learning fishing and chilling