Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Intrepid - don't lose this opportunity...

LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Ok so, I don't usually do these, as I care more about systems and the game actually existing and working.. this is kind of a casual/themed suggestion I'd like to make.

With the new map, we got this new darker/lava biome on the northeast of the map.

k1607q5gdvjy.jpg

So... it would really be a shame if intrepid lost the opportunity to make one of the 5 castles to be a dark lava-themed castle like the images below in that biome!

pna182jmtqen.jpg

People love this kind of edgy and dark stuff, the fan-favorite cosmetics show it so... this would be a really different and cool castle for guilds to compete for

and this would totally make sense because we know one castle will be in the middle island... and we heard about a Dunzenkell and an Aela castle, so those would be on north and south parts of the west continent - it would make sense to have that dark lava castle on the northeast as well... and that would go nicely in the lava biome <3

what do you guys think about it?
img]
Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui

Comments

• Options
    You convinced me where my main base will be, 9001% most evil guild on the server.
  • Options
    Mounts tamed there will look cool.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Looks nice and a good idea maybe if could have zombie and vampire mobs that might fit in with your theme.
  • Options
    I like the idea. would be an epic castle. i love dark and creepy places
    Questions? all available info about AoC can be found here:
    AoC Wiki
    tech support
    FAQ Channel AoC Discord
    AoC Support&FAQ Forum
    USE THE FORUM SEARCH BAR ;)

no answer found? ask here:
    Ask a Question
  • Options
    Am very much hoping each castle will have some unique-ness to it. If not in archetecture, at least in setting & locale.

• Options
    100% down for that

Who doesn't want to live in a place just like Mordor?
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    100% down for that

Who doesn't want to live in a place just like Mordor?

Yess! Mordor :D
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    I love all the speculation around geography. The fact that the game wants to be so realistic makes the juices flow into overdrive when any new information releases!
  • Options
    Love the concept! My only concern with these volcanic zones is the way most of the racial node aesthetics will tie into their surroundings. We still have yet to see any in-game node art updates since transferring to UE5 (I think?) but we’ve seen concept art and the way the UE4 versions turned out for the first few node levels.

In my personal opinion, the visual styles and color palettes that I’ve seen wouldn’t exactly mesh well inside of a Mordor-esque landscape. Typically, landscapes that look such a way in reality aren’t exactly habitable, so we never usually see the contrast of a huge bustling metropolis on a bed of volcanic rock at the base of a flowing volcano with ash and smoke everywhere surrounded by fire monsters.

I suppose this applies less to castles, since each one will be a unique, static fixture in the world, and they could make this one look closer to the reference images you provided, but it does make me wonder about the three castle nodes surrounding the castle that have the potential to reach level 3.

Anyone else think this could potentially cause some weird visual contrast?
  • Options
    I would adore a castle that had a natural defenses around it... like lava rivers and volcanic eruptions. Also this aesthetic (is amazing) and would most definitely make this the most desired castle in all of vera and would almost certainly be surrounded by constant PVP.
  • Options
    Makes me think of Vader’s fortress…

9v88hp7uct35.jpeg
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png