Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Heres some Corruption system ideas

These are a few ideas i had about the corruption system that if they aint already the case, could perhaps be made the case with the first being, 1) any players who are corrupted should lose the ability to use their bank in ANY way and that first point ties into my second as well being 2) any players who are corrupted should loose the ability to sell anything to npc merchants or perhaps recieve a MASSIVE decrease to how much they can sell anything for to npcs. Those two ideas are based around the thought that the BIGGEST con of being corrupted really isnt nore should it ever be what they loose in upon death tho dont take that to mean i think the penalties should be lessened. basically the idea is to force corrupted players to HAVE to go to players to sell their goods or buy new gear or fix their current gear full on removing the option of using npcs or HEAVILY nerfing it truely making it so if your corrupted the biggest issue is gonna be selling the loot you stole AND reapiring your gear as well as getting new gear to make it harder to go back and pk some more. lastly 3) anyone who takes loot from a corrupted player will gain a unique status effect that causes them to no longer be able to interact with any npcs for a time as well as gaining a mark that applies account wide saying that they have interacted with corrupted players with this status effect should stick around at least for a month or two.

The way i see these changes working out in a real situation is lets say bob just killed zach who was farming for wood and got corrupted. bob now has A LOT of wood because it was zachs day off and lets just say zach was farming for TOO FUCKING LONG. now with all this wood that could sell for a lot at market price he decides to go to outside the town and tries to find anyone to buy any of this wood but everyone he walks up to either runs back into town refusing to talk to him or tries to kill him. after few players have tried killing him, he now finds his armor and weapons are nearly broken and he used most of his potions and is srly close to no longer being able to fight so he goes and starts desperatly looking for freeholds hoping he finds either a shop or artisan that can help him with every time he finds one he gets told to fuck off as he is corrupted and the shopkeep doesnt want to deal with that and only slightly being able to convince some artisans who are on the edge about taking super cheap resources even if it comes at the cost of some reputation. from here this story ends either with bob dying till he is no longer corrupted likely losing all the wood he stole from zach and likely at bare minimum losing all his potions and geting all his gear destroyed if not full on lost or him getting way less than he reasonably should have and still having to restock on all his potions and repair his weapons and armor. now of course if he has a silver tounge and the luck to find a someone with lose enough morals and care for the status effect to get at least back what they likely had to spend on new potions and armor and weapon repairs.

this idea change that saying it isnt already the case i feel makes corruption truly examplify the most important thing of AoC, that being INTERACTION IS KING. if a social game doesnt provide enough social consequences over normal concequences than i think its missing out on something vitally important.

Comments

• Options
    n2q0qaz45hdq.gif
  • Options
    Those are not social consequences, those are a death sentence. Quite literally. A Red player is a juicy target for any other player. That Red player wouldn't survive even 5 minutes near a city, let alone inside it. And exactly because of that he'll just have a friend kill him and loot whatever he drops.

But you're also suggesting that Red players literally lose all their shit if they die to remove corruption. Which would most likely just lead to people making alts in shitty gear and just PKing lowbies, because no normal person would be PKing with those kinds of conditions.
  • Options
    No.

What a bunch of complicated stuff for the company to work on then it will all be circumvented with alts and friends.

It's just sad that people think about these things that are bad for the gameplay.
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    Nice post but I don't see the point on theorizing additional penalties to corruption when on the face corruption seems to penalize enough already and thats ASSUMING how it works.

It's not even out yet, so lets wait and see how the system works first and expand on it. No point on thinking about this type of stuff yet.
  • Options
    You do realize there are already like 10 penalties for being corrupted right?
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    TLDR:

Op: "I sure haven't looked into what corruption is for or what it does. But heres what it needs!"

Thanks OP, this sure was great content ya pinenut.

ysgu0wntuhd5.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When you go corrupt and turn red the system treats you like a monster. NPC guards will KOS all red players
    Trying to enter town would be bad for them.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Loading wrote: »
    These are a few ideas i had about the corruption system that if they aint already the case, could perhaps be made the case with the first being, 1) any players who are corrupted should lose the ability to use their bank in ANY way and that first point ties into my second as well being 2) any players who are corrupted should loose the ability to sell anything to npc merchants or perhaps recieve a MASSIVE decrease to how much they can sell anything for to npcs. Those two ideas are based around the thought that the BIGGEST con of being corrupted really isnt nore should it ever be what they loose in upon death tho dont take that to mean i think the penalties should be lessened. basically the idea is to force corrupted players to HAVE to go to players to sell their goods or buy new gear or fix their current gear full on removing the option of using npcs or HEAVILY nerfing it truely making it so if your corrupted the biggest issue is gonna be selling the loot you stole AND reapiring your gear as well as getting new gear to make it harder to go back and pk some more. lastly 3) anyone who takes loot from a corrupted player will gain a unique status effect that causes them to no longer be able to interact with any npcs for a time as well as gaining a mark that applies account wide saying that they have interacted with corrupted players with this status effect should stick around at least for a month or two.

The way i see these changes working out in a real situation is lets say bob just killed zach who was farming for wood and got corrupted. bob now has A LOT of wood because it was zachs day off and lets just say zach was farming for TOO FUCKING LONG. now with all this wood that could sell for a lot at market price he decides to go to outside the town and tries to find anyone to buy any of this wood but everyone he walks up to either runs back into town refusing to talk to him or tries to kill him. after few players have tried killing him, he now finds his armor and weapons are nearly broken and he used most of his potions and is srly close to no longer being able to fight so he goes and starts desperatly looking for freeholds hoping he finds either a shop or artisan that can help him with every time he finds one he gets told to fuck off as he is corrupted and the shopkeep doesnt want to deal with that and only slightly being able to convince some artisans who are on the edge about taking super cheap resources even if it comes at the cost of some reputation. from here this story ends either with bob dying till he is no longer corrupted likely losing all the wood he stole from zach and likely at bare minimum losing all his potions and geting all his gear destroyed if not full on lost or him getting way less than he reasonably should have and still having to restock on all his potions and repair his weapons and armor. now of course if he has a silver tounge and the luck to find a someone with lose enough morals and care for the status effect to get at least back what they likely had to spend on new potions and armor and weapon repairs.

this idea change that saying it isnt already the case i feel makes corruption truly examplify the most important thing of AoC, that being INTERACTION IS KING. if a social game doesnt provide enough social consequences over normal concequences than i think its missing out on something vitally important.

+ also put them in Guantanamo IRL with all their families.