Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

100 REASONS why PVE SERVERS can't work for ASHES

JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
So first it was a discussion about the open world PVP system and how even with the corruption system nothing was going to stop the game from becoming a gank-box. After breaking down corruption, how every kill requires between 2.8 and 6.4 hours of grinding to earn back, and how corruption compounds with each kill and is multiplied by not only how many kills you have but also the level disparity. Apparently that wasn’t enough because now the push is for PVE servers.

Now, don’t get me wrong, PVE servers work in some games, but Ashes of creation has too many interconnected and interwoven systems to suddenly just remove flagging and hope that it doesn't cause a cascade breakdown. Take out flagging, there goes bounty hunting. That’s 1 of 8 PVP themes gone. Caravans become less of an option since you can run 10% of a caravan load with your mule out. Just like that 2 of 8 systems gone. Player Agency and Emergent Gameplay turning into conflict? Not without flagging.

I’m willing to listen to any argument about how PVE servers could work. Just leave it in the comments or come over to my show.

https://youtu.be/aNpiuKCX3Dk
hpsmlCJ.jpg
Make sure to check out Ashes 101