Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

These strange discussions about open pvp

WlgenroosjeWlgenroosje Member
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
First of all don't judge a system nobody has seen or experienced yet.
secondly Open PvP with a good system behind it like the corruption system(possibly) doesn't cause all out griefing and killing of greens.
Its like you are playing skyrim. Just because you can kill certain npc doesn't mean it'll give you anything out of it. most of the time just gives you more problem.
I'm seeing a lot of people posting here about being scared about exploits and people spawn killing etc.
Just because pvp is always available doesn't mean its happening all the time.
I also think you shouldn't think about this as a pvp system but more like an immersion system. Its much more immersive you can attack anyone if you would want to and also think it adds to the sandbox experience for example skyrim would be a totally different game if you couldn't attack npc in towns.

This was my rant thank you for your time

Comments

• Options
    You say "don't judge a system nobody has seen or experienced yet"

But then your entire post is judging that the system is good.
  • Options
    worddog wrote: »
    You say "don't judge a system nobody has seen or experienced yet"

But then your entire post is judging that the system is good.

Maybe I can't word my opinion correctly as English isn't my native language. What I mean to say is that nobody knows about the corruption system but that open PvP with a good system isn't only for pvpers its also for immersion. And I think pve players can actually really enjoy this system too if it turns out good. It's no use complaining about it before even alpha is finished
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited October 2022
    The system was judged by Steven. He tested it when he was playing L2.
  • Options
    The system was judged by Steven. He tested it when he was playing L2.

It's not a 1 on 1 copy of L2 just inspired by it and they'll more than likely can and will change it for a major part while the game is still in alpha. Especially after players have tested it
  • Options
    Most people bashing PvX are fawning over everything Asmon says in his youtube clips when Asmongold himself has never played an MMO with meaningful open world PvP; Albion, Eve, Lineage—none of it. It's all hot air. Ignore and move on.
  • Options
    Most people bashing PvX are fawning over everything Asmon says in his youtube clips when Asmongold himself has never played an MMO with meaningful open world PvP; Albion, Eve, Lineage—none of it. It's all hot air. Ignore and move on.

This plus the fact that the only example brought up right now of all things is MO2. Like, what? That game didn't flop because of open world full loot pvp. It flopped because of incompetent developers. The exact same reason as New world, a game with a toggle.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Sathrago wrote: »
    This plus the fact that the only example brought up right now of all things is MO2. Like, what? That game didn't flop because of open world full loot pvp. It flopped because of incompetent developers. The exact same reason as New world, a game with a toggle.
    Pretty much as literally every other game. If game history has taught us anything it's that good games are good only because the devs knew what they were doing and had the opportunity to realize their vision to the best of the abilities.

All the indie game successes came from a dev thinking to themselves "I don't think I've seen a game like this and I think I can make it myself" and then they just fucking do it. Even if the vision wasn't represented in its full form, the game still succeeds because the devs knew what and how they wanted to make.

If Intrepid succeeds at making what they want - the game will be successful, no matter its pvp or backwards progression, or lack of fast travel, or any other feature that the masses would deem "bad".