Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Reporting World Boss or Event to Settlement

I was listening on Youtube on latest Dev Log (29.10.2022) and reading replies where Lord Gohans reply got me thinking of following:

World Boss is roaming on forest and a low level player spots it.
Player selects boss and clicks Report Object/Creature etc. button above Portrait and gets Quest to report this to someone.
This someone can be Security Officer of nearby settlement who over 20-60 real life minutes spreads this information and a quest to look into problem can be acquired by players that meet the level requirements and players who interact with local NPC or those within Vassalage of Node have their Maps updated to show spot this Boss is located so they know that there is danger. Player who reports this first gets Coins and EXP. for reward
[Reason for 20 to 60 minutes is depending on where this information was left to, Camp at farthest part of Linked Notes need more travel time to report this to others than reporting it to City or Metropolis]

But same player could also sell this information to other players.
They are given promt to gain Location and Level of Entity (if possible) and perhaps Picture of said Entity by giving money to this player with information, offering money and they can accept or refuse offer. However, this information does not go away and player could sell it to other players (but players who purchase this can't sell it to others). One who wants to purchase this information can also set timer on how long this seller is muted from telling it to others (10-60 minutes) but is required to pay more if this is the case. Of course player can tell this information to others via Text, but it is left to other players if they believe this info.

Quest info player can offer is always Right in this case, but there would be players trying to sell off wrong information by Text etc.

Why i thought about timers on information sharing? Answer: PVP
More people learn of, for example, World Boss means more people will race at it. Thus this speed of information spreading gives them time to prepare for it, as in to rush to kill it before others arrive, prepare for being engaged by other group or by allowing other group to attack boss first then ambushing them.
Same idea about players selling this "quest" to other players.

Comments

• Options
    Unless respawn timers and locations are absolutely random (i.e. from 5 minutes to several days and literally anywhere in the world) - people who're able to farm those bosses will have someone who's watching potential locations at potential times.

Now if they are that random - yeah, why not. Though I'd assume there'll be just several people seeing that boss and reporting it immediately through discord (with a screenshot).
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    This is a really solid idea and the staff should take note of it.

Well done!
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    What'll actually happen: The player gets on his node's discord and tells people, hey, there's a boss here. Let's kill it. By the time information spreads via your proposed system the boss will already be dead.