Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Thread about some important things I want to suggest. ''Why sandbox is superior to any other genre''

1. Crafting should be sandbox because it offers importance to crafted item. Example: Vanilla WoW crafting (It utilized sandbox crafting while staying casual friendly - although they did not give any guides or info about how to make named items, which I think is wrong way of doing crafting because as we could learn from history, people played only half of a game on WoW release just because how game was created without any pointers at that time).

2. Sandbox crafting means: If you create specific equipment at 25lvl, you should not replace it on next level or even two-three levels (if named item is rare quality and not basic), instead you should keep it until few days of leveling or even at end game(considering you are playing 6-7 hours a day - honestly I would prefer if we could make gear at 40ish level and not replace it until end game). How to create that you might ask yourself? Give info about materials for named item and where to get them, consider making it casual friendly and giving us option to farm those materials in 4-5 hours of grinding, keep it simple, for example in WoW: Tailors could make pre-bis raid gear (3 pieces) on levels 35-45 and not be replaced until end game raids on 60lvl. How did they make it casual friendly and simple? - Cloth for those items dropped only from Demons in 30 - 40 level areas, I don't know drop rates, but you could obtain 1 piece of gear from 3-4 hour of grinding on spot, that is reason why it was casual and simple, but problem is - there were no info how to obtain those materials.

3. Keeping crafting interesting and full of useful trinkets (engineering). Again - they can learn from Vanilla WoW, it was simple and casual friendly yet very useful, so much that even at 30-40 level you could farm item that is important even at end game (even mandatory for PvP if people played seriously).

- This is what I think is ''Sandbox'' and why I think it is important for a game, because I hate when MMOs in new era make everything as business model - everything seems as if they had some table ''statistic mode on'' to release product faster. They did not think old-school and create this vibe sandbox games have, where something even at 30 level is as important as if you were 60 level (end game in Vanilla WoW). I hate when everything is created to look so precise, and they don't create that vibe I was talking.

- I created this similar post to crafting with little more info about why I think Sandbox is needed in modern era, or people will turn out like robots.
- Let me know if you have some more ideas about sandbox, as well share your opinion on ''business model theme park MMOs'' and why they are better in your opinion. I would like this post to turn into debate of which is better and please keep in mind to give constructive criticism for sandbox or theme park MMOs.