Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha 2

I was wondering if there will be any possibility for Alpha 2 eligible members to recieve acess to Alpha one. I feel that haven give such a large contribution to the success of Ashes of Creation should only show the complete commitment to AOC. Between the extend period of time from purchase to the actual period of gameplay is beginning to seem unfair. I think that those who have made this financial faithfulness could only contribute to the potential accomplishments of AOC. I think allowing those eligible for Alpha 2 to participate in Alpha 1 would create a new found motivation for the game, as well as, postive suggestions for future content. I believe at some point there should be a little faith given back. At least give us a time frame for Alpha 2 release. It would also allow others to decide if there is time any money for other gaming experiences.

Comments

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Alas, Alpha 1 happened about a year and a half ago. So, absent a time machine, access to it will avail you nothing.
  • Options
    Well I was under tyhe impression there was still spot testing going on
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Download wrote: »
    Well I was under tyhe impression there was still spot testing going on

the messaging on the website is misleading, there has been no spot test with alpha 1 backers ever since the alpha servers closed last year
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Ninja KittyNinja Kitty Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    that doesn't mean there won't be spot testing closer to the release of alpha 2, though. I would imagine they might do more spot testing before actually releasing a persistent alpha 2. I bet there are other things they will need to test, like stress load on servers again and also try to catch any glaring bugs with the different classes. Only 3 classes were playable in the alpha 1 and spot testing.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    However, the spot testing is/may be covered by a non-Disclosure agreement. Therefore, it may well be going on vigorously without anyone talking about it or most people knowing that it is happening, right?
  • Options
    In the last live AMA Steven stated that they are doing internal spot testing and there will be spot testing with individuals from the community. Likely under NDA.

Starts at 17:10 , didn't work for me to get it exactly to that timestamp
    https://youtu.be/rrD4RCTbxds

The Past determines your decisions in the Present & the Present determines your decisions in the Future.The Future is obsolete until it becomes the Present - The Endless Spiral
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Spot testing has alwys been publicly announced - except with the Phoenix Initiatve backers.
    NDA means you can't discuss what you have seen. It has not meant that you can't reveal there has been spot testing.

And, yes, Alpha One testing is no longer possible - that version of the game no longer exists and no longer needs to be tested. People who had Alpha 2 backers are supposed to be elgible for Alpha 2 spot testing.
    So, if you are eligible for Alpha 2, you should be good to go.
  • Options
    ParanoidJackParanoidJack Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Alpha 2 Spot Testing?

Forgive me, I haven't followed the game closely for three or more years. When I pledged back in 2017 the game was supposed to be persistent, between wipes, after the game reached the Alpha 2 stage.

Is the Alpha 2 test stage now going to be sporadic not persistent testing?
  • Options
    Nova_terraNova_terra Member
    edited November 2022
    @ParanoidJack

They are ramping up for spot testing pre Alpha-2 now-ish to the next few months, then they are launching the persistent Alpha 2 test after that.
  • Options
    Nova_terra wrote: »
    They are ramping up for spot testing pre Alpha-2 now-ish to the next few months, then they are launching the persistent Alpha 2 test after that.

This is correct.

The Alpha-2 server is eventually intended to be the persistent "public test server" ... for players (and the devs alike) to test new content even after launch.
  • Options
    HartassenHartassen Member
    edited November 2022
    Does anyone know where the alpha 2 server(s) will be located? I'm hoping it's not only on the west coast of the US.

Edit: Nevermind, I found there was us west, us east, eu west and eu east servers for alpha 1.