Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

No! That is my loot you kill stealer!!!

Menda GoodbodyMenda Goodbody Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
Why have a loot system that makes a hostel environment for players instead of a welcoming one. One way AoC is making a bad choice (IMHO) is the kill/loot system.

A) The person or group that does the most damage gets to loot the monster. That leads to people getting mad at each other just for helping a player kill a tough monster. "No! That is my loot you kill stealer!!!" That is a hostile way of doing a loot system.

B) Anyone who helps kill a monster should be able to loot that monster. That leads to players getting along and being nice and social. "Thanks for the help!"

I know this is a pvp game. I love open world pvp. However, that does not mean the game has to be set up for everything to make players hate each other like hostility in looting monsters.

We live in a pvp world. However, it is better that the laws help us be a society and not a hell scape on black Friday.

Comments

• Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2022
    If you decide to hate someone because they won the loot in a game, that is on you.

Resources are limited in that way to create friction and function as an objective for pvp. We don't have anything like honor points for pvp. There is no reward for just killing someone. The loot from mobs is a reward for pvp
  • Options
    Menda GoodbodyMenda Goodbody Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    If you decide to hate someone because they won the loot in a game, that is on you.

Resources are limited in that way to create friction and function as an objective for pvp.

There are many reason to pvp already. Having a loot system like this just gets frustrating.
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2022

Resources are limited in that way to create friction and function as an objective for pvp.

There are many reason to pvp already. Having a loot system like this just gets frustrating.

What reasons are there in the open world?

There are no rewards for just killing someone. The only rewards for it is the potential loot they are carrying. Currently, controlling a spawn also functions as another objective.
  • Options
    B) Anyone who helps kill a monster should be able to loot that monster. That leads to players getting along and being nice and social. "Thanks for the help!"
    This leads to some fucker stealing my loot. I ain't gonna thank someone for stealing the thing that I wanted to take and had more contribution in the killing process of.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    This leads to some fucker stealing my loot. I ain't gonna thank someone for stealing the thing that I wanted to take and had more contribution in the killing process of.

I think overall, if someone is helping you kill something it's most likely a party member or you will party up for the event anyway so this is another "soft friction" that we want. It's very easy to tell someone not to move into your space unless they are friendly in which case make a party with them.
  • Options
    Nova_terra wrote: »
    I think overall, if someone is helping you kill something it's most likely a party member or you will party up for the event anyway so this is another "soft friction" that we want. It's very easy to tell someone not to move into your space unless they are friendly in which case make a party with them.
    If I'm playing in a party it's gonna be a constant party with the same members from the same guild. At worst it'd be some guildmates as replacements. But I'm not going to be picking up randos off the streets just because they attacked the same mob. I'm gonna be killing those randos if they keep attacking my mobs. Easy as that.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    Nova_terra wrote: »
    If I'm playing in a party it's gonna be a constant party with the same members from the same guild. At worst it'd be some guildmates as replacements. But I'm not going to be picking up randos off the streets just because they attacked the same mob. I'm gonna be killing those randos if they keep attacking my mobs. Easy as that.

Oh I mean, to each their own. I'd probably not pick up rando's either but it is a viable strategy if it's some other person who lives in the same node as you or whatever but yeah I am going into the game with no guild but 5ish players that will be in my group 100% of the time basically.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Great. 2 posts today, both bad. Sounds like you need some ff14.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2022

We live in a pvp world. However, it is better that the laws help us be a society and not a hell scape on black Friday.
    Let the society (in-game community) decide the acceptable standards at a guild, node or server level and reward by inclusion, social and wealth and enforce by exclusion, wars and pk`ing
  • Options
    Why have a loot system that makes a hostel environment for players instead of a welcoming one. One way AoC is making a bad choice (IMHO) is the kill/loot system.

A) The person or group that does the most damage gets to loot the monster. That leads to people getting mad at each other just for helping a player kill a tough monster. "No! That is my loot you kill stealer!!!" That is a hostile way of doing a loot system.

I know this is a pvp game. I love open world pvp. However, that does not mean the game has to be set up for everything to make players hate each other like hostility in looting monsters.

I prefer one million time such loot system than these loots system in other game where you get 50 loots/mobs.

The consequences of these systems “a la New World” are:
    - Inflation of gear
    - Always more and more trash gear
    - Bad economy
    - No challenge

In group of civilized people, the person who needs the loots takes the loots. You still can choose your friends.

The toxic guys, better to PvP them :)
  • Options

Don't worry, you are just a carebear and you are seeing things as a carebear, but AoC will heal your sould and you will become a PvX guy or maybe even a PvPer master race!

That is called contest, contesting the kill is a style of PvP, in some games it can be PvE griefing.

It's a contest, nobody is entitled to the loot if you barely made a scratch on it, it's not yours just because you touched it

If the guy is really helping you he will give you the loot, otherwise it's a contest.

YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE COOL?

If you ninja loot the guy's loot and that flags you purple for a couple minutes, that would be delightful!
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options

hate each other?

what about leechers? what about people going into high level areas and "helping" just to take from the high level guy
  • Options
    @Depraved Yeap, immediatelly I could smell the scent of leechers in the air, specially leechers running auto loot scripts
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.