Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Cosmetic sets

ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
this is a highly contested subject, some people hate them, some people love them but something im sure we can all agree on is the cosmetic art that intrepid have created look breath taking, personally i love the idea of being able to have a ''social 'tab ''slot to equip cosmetic sets however i would much prefer a work around with them having level requirements or something just as to have that new player feel at launch when everyone is running around in rags and tattered armor, that being said i am in no way a critic and love the work they are doing,

i would love to see in the future intrepid going back to some of the dark medieval type art they seemed to pull towards a couple of years ago, some rogue/assassin/Lord of the rings Nazgul witch king type vibes, what would you guys like to see in the future? and what do you think would be some cool art for the class you are going to play?, also i really hope intrepid considers being able to mix and match sets as it could make for some really cool looks

have a great weekend all!

Comments

• Options
    Intrepid have stated in the past that many cosmetics will require some level (I am assuming variable based on type of cosmetic) of prerequisites prior to equipping cosmetic armors and pet mounts etc.
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nova_terra wrote: »
    Intrepid have stated in the past that many cosmetics will require some level (I am assuming variable based on type of cosmetic) of prerequisites prior to equipping cosmetic armors and pet mounts etc.

i have not seen this but it is great to hear
  • Options
    So I was slightly correct, but it does seem that pre-order cosmetics are able to be equipped from the start. but things like mounts and other items will be based on in-game items.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Cosmetics

Costume and pet cosmetics don't have a level restriction. Building, ship, caravan and mount cosmetics require an in-game item to be obtained first to apply the cosmetic.[16][17]
  • Options
    Have to say I agree with the sentiment in the original post. The sets that have been coming out *do* look age-of-the-world appropriate still - but some are a tad out of place.

All criticisms of the LOTR Amazon series aside? They have some VERY reasonable-looking armor, for the time period. It's well-fitted, and the Commander of the Northern Armies wears some *very* protective plate armor.