Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Empyrean concept art

ObamanizerObamanizer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Really wish the in-game female model matched its concept art and didn't look like an angry human with pointy ears...... it lost ALL elegance that I believe an elf should have and that the concept art had.... please change it to be more dignified and elegant like the original concept.

Now to fanmade concept.
4n0jv67rtkmo.png
oldswy043fdf.png
tsjvcnicns1o.png
tvqgpef8dmqz.png
xcw9fmyi9nd4.png
d9ni9t0zhpnz.png
fd4yls5n904k.png
i4din3hoh4yn.png
4ujajm0y4tu5.png
05scm49bw1d8.png
kn3jszr6fu4x.png
m2r7fkogger4.png

Comments

• Options
    CptBrownBeardCptBrownBeard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I must be missing something, because you're asking for elves that are not "angry humans with pointy ears" then posted a bunch of images that are exactly that. A good portion of those male images don't even have the pointy ears.

I'm just genuinely curious what distinguishing differences would matter most in what makes an elf for you. High cheekbones and sharp/sloping jaw lines are pretty standard and seem to be the highlighted characteristics in these renditions. Oh and mascara.

I'd argue that the Empyrean customization will more than cover those attributes.
  • Options
    Obamanizer wrote: »
    Really wish the in-game female model matched its concept art and didn't look like an angry human with pointy ears...... it lost ALL elegance that I believe an elf should have and that the concept art had.... please change it to be more dignified and elegant like the original concept.

Now to fanmade concept.
    4n0jv67rtkmo.png
    oldswy043fdf.png
    tsjvcnicns1o.png
    tvqgpef8dmqz.png
    xcw9fmyi9nd4.png
    d9ni9t0zhpnz.png
    fd4yls5n904k.png
    i4din3hoh4yn.png
    4ujajm0y4tu5.png
    05scm49bw1d8.png
    kn3jszr6fu4x.png

elvish power <3<3<3
    look at those grills
  • Options
    I like how in some of them the ai creates pointy hair behind the ears because it got confused. Hehehe
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    I must be missing something, because you're asking for elves that are not "angry humans with pointy ears" then posted a bunch of images that are exactly that. A good portion of those male images don't even have the pointy ears.

I'm just genuinely curious what distinguishing differences would matter most in what makes an elf for you. High cheekbones and sharp/sloping jaw lines are pretty standard and seem to be the highlighted characteristics in these renditions. Oh and mascara.

I'd argue that the Empyrean customization will more than cover those attributes.

id argue that all of the female renders and the original concept art have an elegance to their presentation that is completely lacking in the ingame creation. it may have to due with Eye shade, Shape, depth, or possibly with skin smoothness or lightness. But the concept feels significantly more dignified and proud vs the ingame.

just a rough rendition of smoother skin and some eye shadow makes the ingame seem a little closer to concept. and yes, i get that it can likely be made so in the character creator, but this was what was showcased as its concept counterpart.

3nqdxbmzypdk.png

m2r7fkogger4.png
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2022
    I see a lot of fanart of angry humans with pointy ears... that we call elves... that's what they are.... humans with pointy ears

3nqdxbmzypdk.png

and this is literally what you can do with the character creator, we saw that on the human showcase :)
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »
    I see a lot of fanart of angry humans with pointy ears... that we call elves... that's what they are.... humans with pointy ears

3nqdxbmzypdk.png

and this is literally what you can do with the character creator, we saw that on the human showcase :)

and as i said, it IS what you can do with character creator, but what was shown as the face of its representation was a poor representation
    m2r7fkogger4.png
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited November 2022
    @Obamanizer what caught my eye is that they look like adults, healthy, beautiful mature adults

In other games when the artists try to create fantasy characters that look pretty, they just make them very young almost as they are 16-17... so by mistake they just infantilize the characters

But these Empyreans here are mature adults, yet full of vitality and youth, this is perfect for elven

This art here is way above the average and without the mistake of infantilizing the characters
    These characters are relatable

This is a great job, top shelf
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.