Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha2, Bet1 and beta2 duration ?

VixenneVixenne Member
edited November 2022 in Support & FAQ
Hi,

I am seriously thinking to get the alpha2 access package but the cost is high.
If possible can you answer the following questions :
  • Do you plan to wipe between alpha 2 and beta1 then between beta1 and beta 2 ?
  • Is there a minimum duration guaranteed for alpha2, beta 1 and 2 phases ?

Comments

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There will be multiple wipes as need throughout the testing phases. Alpha 2 will be the longest phase needed, as the most new systems will be added, bugs, exploits, and other issues found and corrected. They have never given a length of time for any testing phase beyond "what is needed" so there is no minimum duration for them to guarantee you. The purpose behind the alpha and beta TESTING access is just that, to test. Not to play the game. They have stated in the past that the beta phases for the game will run concurrent to the alpha client, and will be mainly for polish and final bug squishing before launch. And as always, if you feel that the cost is too high, then sit this one out and watch others streams. They would rather have people participate in whatever way they feel comfortable with rather than buying something and feeling "I didn't get my money's worth!"
    They have confirmed multiple times that all testing servers will be wiped before launch also. No one is "carrying over" any sort of progression to the main launch client. Beyond of course those stories and experiences that they will get during testing.
    If you need actual developer quotes as to what their plans are I would recommend consulting the wiki. Literally every utterance by Steven of any import has been logged there.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Testing_phases
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hi @Vixenne

It looks like @unknownsystemerror answered this well already so I'm going to close this thread now. If you have any other questions please reach out again.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
This discussion has been closed.