Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Scaling, how will it work?

Does anyone has an idea about scaling and how will they design it?

Is it going to be sandbox or theme park?

Comments

• Options
    Scaling of what? Gear? Lvls? Artisan professions? Gear decay? Map size?
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Does anyone has an idea about scaling and how will they design it?

Is it going to be sandbox or theme park?

Right now it is closer to sandbox but bear in mind they basically haven't said anything yet.

We don't even know if the base stats in the game are going to stay the same.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ashes is a themebox.
    Dunno how that might affect "scaling".
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dygz wrote: »
    Ashes is a themebox.
    Dunno how that might affect "scaling".

Yes, also this @VekoCrnogorac

Deciding exactly what that word means can be tricky but as of last discussion with this very poster I learned the proper difference.

Let's ignore the word itself and do this:
    • Some games do not guide you nor give you much other than an environment, build and do what you want, use your imagination
    • Some games guide everything you do and tell you where to go, giving you your goals and your methods
    • Some games guide you on everything you want to do but don't actually give you goals or methods to do those things (like a children's playground)
    • Some games give you some goals or methods but no guidance on what you 'should' do and you can do what you want and use your imagination (Like Lego blocks)

Ashes is mostly the last one, as far as we know.

The term 'Themebox' seems to fit for me, but there you go.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    There is no scalling.
  • Options
    I understant statements of everyone, I just wanted to know gear/lvl scaling and player power.

In NW people 15lvls lower could kill player, it means sandbox scaling. I just wanted to know AoC scaling, will player power be noticable with every few lvls?
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Leveling#Level_scaling

Level scaling

Levels, stats, or skills will not be scaled to allow low level players to participate in encounters with higher level players.[39][32]
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.