Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

flying mounts only for guild leaders????

MMOAddictMMOAddict Member
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
how do you guys feel about only the guild leader from a castle holding guild gets the flying mount?
i think the entire guild has cooperated equaly in order to secure the castle so why only single out the leader of that guild to get it.

I understand that keeping these mounts super rare makes it all the more epic to have one however i think giving it to the guild leader is unfair to the rest of the guild. Wouldn't you agree?

instead you could for example give them to people no1 on leaderboards or something. This way you would also prevent the same people always having it

what do you guys think?
the beginning of wisdom is to know you know nothing

Comments

• Options
    Honestly, not really. Flying mounts are going to be incredibly rare and they are temporary. If I had my druthers they wouldn’t exist at all, so keeping them isolated to guild leaders is fine.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »
    Honestly, not really. Flying mounts are going to be incredibly rare and they are temporary. If I had my druthers they wouldn’t exist at all, so keeping them isolated to guild leaders is fine.

i agree with not having them at all, but wouldn't it be better if for example the person who took the throne got the mount instead of the guild leader?
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I like it as it is. Reminds me of L2 mmo. I hate how common flying is in most mmos now.
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited November 2022
    I think an issue with letting someone else other than the guild leader get the mount is that it will then be sold to the highest bidder in some cases. You're not gonna give someone leadership of your guild to sell them a mount. That is for sure.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    No, those who achieve their reward should receive it. Don't add limitations like that considering how much of a rarity these will be.
    r7ldqg4wh0yj.gif
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Sathrago wrote: »
    I think an issue with letting someone else other than the guild leader get the mount is that it will then be sold to the highest bidder in some cases. You're not gonna give someone leadership of your guild to sell them a mount. That is for sure.

They are specifically able to be traded - at least while eggs.
  • Options
    MyosotysMyosotys Member
    edited November 2022
    MMOAddict wrote: »
    how do you guys feel about only the guild leader from a castle holding guild gets the flying mount?
    i think the entire guild has cooperated equaly in order to secure the castle so why only single out the leader of that guild to get it.

I understand that keeping these mounts super rare makes it all the more epic to have one however i think giving it to the guild leader is unfair to the rest of the guild. Wouldn't you agree?

instead you could for example give them to people no1 on leaderboards or something. This way you would also prevent the same people always having it

what do you guys think?

Yes, flying mounts will be strictly available for some "Mayors of metropolis nodes and Kings and Queens of Guild castles. Royal mounts can also be dropped from legendary world bosses."

The eggs are exchangeable so it should be available for anyone ? (For the rich players and for the lucky players).

The limitation is that eggs will be extremely rare. Every one who found an egg should deserve to use the mount. This is an injustice that is sure to cause controversy.

c2pl224snb8n.png
  • Options
    so what about pvp? will a player with a flying mount be able to pk someone and just fly up to become unreachable by any other player who doesn't have a flying mount?
  • Options
    so what about pvp? will a player with a flying mount be able to pk someone and just fly up to become unreachable by any other player who doesn't have a flying mount?

This is not a real problem as the flying mounts will be extremely rare.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    Sathrago wrote: »

They are specifically able to be traded - at least while eggs.

the ones found in the open world maybe but not the ones designated for positions of power.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Only GMs should have this power.

otherwise give me a 8,8 Flak....
  • Options
    tbh reason why castle holders and metro holders get flying mounts i feel was a design choice to give better vision of the battle field to coordinate your troops aswell as lay down fire in area that need assistance. the holder of castles/metro have most to loose so this is there added advanatage however attacks can invest time/coin with buying or getting a temporary flying one if they want the same advantage.

flying mount outside of met/castle holders will be rare/hard to aquire so i suspect they only get hatached when there needed for seiges.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2022
    Monarchs have to be a guild leader???
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2022
    it's guild leaders, mayors, and a few lucky players that get an egg, no more than 20 players per server,

I personally think it's too much, I would be more than happy with only guild leaders, mayors and no more than 2/3 eggs at a time
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »
    it's guild leaders, mayors, and a few lucky players that get an egg, no more than 20 players per server,

I personally think it's too much, I would be more than happy with only guild leaders, mayors and no more than 2/3 eggs at a time

with 10k players, I am willing to bet there will be more than 20 guild leaders. Probably an "additional" step then just being a guild leader.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It's just Monarchs and Mayors, so...
    The additional step is that the Guild Leader would either need to be a Monarch or a Mayor.
    The other super-rare eggs are even more temporary, I think... lasting less than one month.
  • Options
    I'm in for temporary overpowered stuff if you can't stockpile them
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Dygz wrote: »
    Monarchs have to be a guild leader???

Monarchs is the title they are using for the pvp castle owners of that month. Since they are guild content, the guild leader "becomes" the monarch. Since there are only 5 castles, there are only 5 guilds that those leaders come from at any given time. Metros mayors are similarly capped at 5, but can be anyone, not just a guild leader/owner. There are restrictions and steps planned to keep people from cheesing the system by just swapping around leader while their guild is in control of a castle to cheese the "ownership" of the flying mount. Node mayor cannot be similarly transferred. The player looted eggs have been said by Intrepid to never exceed the base number of 10 base flying mounts available from those mechanics. So meaning that in a perfect storm there will be a maximum of 20 eggs "hatched" at any one time. That loot (the egg) has a timer, so people will not be stockpiling them. So they will get the egg, and have to sell it before the timer runs out, hatch it, or lose it. Then it has depending on the level of the animal husbandry prof they give it to "process" a life of 15-30 days. (irl time, does not pause while offline). And finally, they are part of the whole restriction process on how often and from where they can be launched. You need a Royal Stable to launch a T3 mount. So if you have an egg, hatch it, you better have access to a guild castle or metro with one if you want to use it for the I think it was 30 minutes at a time you can use it. (tbd during testing)
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    superhero6785superhero6785 Member
    edited November 2022

what do you guys think?

I love the idea of propping up guild leaders as these massive figure heads, almost emporer like. Everyone wants to be special, but our desire to give everyone a trophy means nobody is special. If you want to be special, then go create your own powerful guild and make your way to the top, or go work your way to becoming the head of some religious group or whatever else they plan on putting in the game. Then and only then will you be special enough, and you can fly above everyone else while they look up and go "Ooooooh! Ahhhhh!". I think players need to get it in their head that... they're not special. Being special is the exception, not the rule.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like the limit just because it makes it more likely for insurrection to happen
    >:)
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    i think the entire guild has cooperated equaly in order to secure the castle

LOL "EQUALLY"

Tell me you've never been a guild leader without telling you've never been a guild leader.

The amount of patience, structure, knowledge to get the 50-300 man childrens in line to do stuff is well damn deserved for a flying mount.
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »

i agree with not having them at all, but wouldn't it be better if for example the person who took the throne got the mount instead of the guild leader?

the only person who can take the throne is the guild leader .-.

the reason they will be getting them is the same reason guild leaders usually get more stuff than the guild members
  • Options
    SengardenSengarden Member
    edited November 2022
    I think they could increase the number of flying mounts available on a server to something like 100 at a time without devaluing them too much. You’ve got a server limit of 10,000 concurrent players, with a potentially higher total pop. That’s roughly 1/100 people with a flying mount. I think that’s rare enough to keep them looking cool and impressive while still sending a message that getting one isn’t as “impossible” as it would appear under currently planned availability.

Edit: As for how that increased number of mounts could be achieved, I think they could come up with more avenues. That would make them feel slightly more attainable for players whose interests lie outside of guild leadership as well.
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2022

what do you guys think?

As long as a talented gliding mount operator can still kill someone off their flying mount, I'm fine with it.

Talent and skill should supersede shiny shit, cool critters, and toys.
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    This sounds like a post from someone who doesn't have the skills to be a guild leader, who doesn't understand what it means to be a guild leader, who wants a dragon but doesn't want to put the time and effort into developing the skills to be one.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    Jahlon wrote: »
    This sounds like a post from someone who doesn't have the skills to be a guild leader, who doesn't understand what it means to be a guild leader, who wants a dragon but doesn't want to put the time and effort into developing the skills to be one.

Before to be guild leaders we are all players playing a game. And being a guild leaders doesn't mean automatically being a good guild leader. Let's stay into the reality please )
  • Options
    Sengarden wrote: »
    I think they could increase the number of flying mounts available on a server to something like 100 at a time without devaluing them too much. You’ve got a server limit of 10,000 concurrent players, with a potentially higher total pop. That’s roughly 1/100 people with a flying mount. I think that’s rare enough to keep them looking cool and impressive while still sending a message that getting one isn’t as “impossible” as it would appear under currently planned availability.

Edit: As for how that increased number of mounts could be achieved, I think they could come up with more avenues. That would make them feel slightly more attainable for players whose interests lie outside of guild leadership as well.

the leader wont be the only one with a mount. the gl can assign high ranking officers and they will also get a flying mount.

also, you can get a flying mount from animal husbandry
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited November 2022
    Depraved wrote: »
    Sengarden wrote: »

the leader wont be the only one with a mount. the gl can assign high ranking officers and they will also get a flying mount.

also, you can get a flying mount from animal husbandry

If you are talking about the wyrmlings, those are assigned during the monthly siege event, and the number of those available is determined by how well they defend the three "mini-nodes" in the lead up to the final event. So they will be used during the event, guild officers will not be pissing about on their own T3 for the month (or longer) they hold it.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options

actualy i've been a guild leader and a raid leader in the past i know it can be very time consuming thats why i had to stop. I think having a great guild is its own reward. besides if we would all start a guild yours would have 1 member

My take on flying mounts is that nobody should have them because they can give players a clear advantage over others. if i realy wanted a dragon i wouldn't start a guild for it, i would just buy one
  • Options
    Myosotys wrote: »

Before to be guild leaders we are all players playing a game. And being a guild leaders doesn't mean automatically being a good guild leader. Let's stay into the reality please )

If you aren't a good guild leader you won't be getting the mount lmao. Also owning a city is not based on being gm of a guild but it be kind of expected those that are gm would have an advantage of course.