Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Material decay - idea from Gloria Victis (among other ideas from same game)

How do you like idea of materials to decay and turn to other materials that are used for many other things. For example leather and meat from animals in Gloria Victis can turn to materials used to make better ground when you do farming in nearby farms. It speeds-up crops to grow from 20+ mins to 11mins, thats how they designed it. Now while processed meat lasts a lot less (about 1 day), while raw meat can last up to 3 days, for leather however, if you process it and harden it with other materials leather can last for 30 days (used for crafting - refined leather), but carcasses last least amount of time of all leather materials.

This is fun little detail to crafting where items lose value after some time and can be used for other things. This also creates immersion as we can all guess and I think it works well for economy since at least for now (60 hours in) economy feels very good in Gloria Victis. Every penny is worth and I must be very careful how I spend gold because it is not easy to farm it and there is a lot of gold spending if you are into leveling professions.

Other ideas that I would like to discuss is gathering. For example when you gather materials you start from lower level materials and progress to high tier materials as we know for every game, but what is different is when you are using tools for gathering, when you upgrade your tool for 3 tier materials for example (out of 5) the 1 and 2 tier materials do not gather faster, but gather on same speed as if you used tools tier 1 for same tier materials. This adds up to immersion, I did not like when I mined ore in New World with 1-2 hits, I think Gloria Victis has very good idea here. You only gather slower if you are not using advanced tier for advanced materials.

What are your thoughts on this, especially materials to decay after some time, do you think it is something that intrepid should do, and maybe do you have other ways of doing it, so they don't copy design from other game.