Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Bard Music Composition?

Howdy y'all,

I wasn't sure really where to post this. So I figured I'd just drop it here. I am incredibly hyped for the bard class. Like if the augments are fun, I will most likely be running bard/bard the minstrel. I have tried bard like classes in other games. One of the coolest systems I've seen associated with a bard class in an MMO, was a composition system. My favorite rendition of this would have to be the Shai's composition menu from BDO. I know that the team at Intrepid have much bigger fish to fry in terms of systems to prepare everything for launch. But I am hopeful that they might look at it post launch for those of us who want to jam out in game with our friends.

Comments

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Custom music creation (using the likes of the Music Macro Language) will not be present in the game on release.[9]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c7Y-D5R0IY&t=4535s&ab_channel=AshesofCreation
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    I appreciate the clarification Error! I've been listening to a lot of the developer updates, but I didn't go that far back. I will hope that it will come in maybe a further expansion later on the way.
  • Options
    I would LOVE to see this after launch though...
  • Options
    I think the best system I've seen was in an old game called Vanguard. I didn't play a bard in that game so don't know the ins and outs, but it was something like you added song components.

As you leveled you got new components, and then could mix and match up to an amount based on your level. So by cap it was maybe 4 components (almost all buffs) you'd trigger. All the bards in that game loved it.