Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The option to Dislike a post

I think forum members should be able to dislike another member's post. Voting systems have a much higher engagement than typed responses. Distinguishing between apathy and dislike is valuable. Make the dislike count only viewable to staff. To protect engagement, dislikes should have no impact on the recipient's standing. Be able to identify targeted harassment such as groups commonly disliking together.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    I'd give this post a dislike because i don't agree with it hah :p . Joke aside, "Voting systems have a much higher engagement than typed responses." Typed responses is the reason we are here though, to engage in a conversation with one another.

There is a reason every single major social media platform doesn't have a dislike button.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Used to be a thing here. Then it was being abused. So they changed it and removed the dislike button in favor of if you disagree explain why.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Forums are nice idea, but people are abusing it because they do not have self observation. For example all these days I was talking about preparing in open world in vanilla WoW, and there were a lot of people saying some unreasonable arguments against that, or I did not understand them, because they were not on topic. Some were talking stuff like gold sink which I agree with, but others mainly dissed me and vanilla WoW because they hate wow.

I say, whats the point of open world if you do not need to prepare for raid/sieges, whats the point of alchemy / cooking if it did not provide enough strong buffs to be used to speed up content / give player power that is noticeable enough.... This was my argument for who knows how many posts, and people did not agree with me still today, I made these vanilla WoW posts like 7 days ago... They are still persistant to diss wow.
  • Options
    wakkytabbakywakkytabbaky Member
    edited November 2022
    just give actual pledgers / backers with access to future tests access to upvote / downvote options with results only available to intrepid studios and then any one reported etc can be reviewed and voting privileges removed by staff without the mass cancelation of society. gives intrepid alot more feedback / discretion when banning / removing hate posts
  • Options
    Forums are nice idea, but people are abusing it because they do not have self observation.
    y2jhxk1oqz2f.gif
  • Options
    I miss having polls
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    Forums are nice idea, but people are abusing it because they do not have self observation. For example all these days I was talking about preparing in open world in vanilla WoW, and there were a lot of people saying some unreasonable arguments against that, or I did not understand them, because they were not on topic. Some were talking stuff like gold sink which I agree with, but others mainly dissed me and vanilla WoW because they hate wow.

I say, whats the point of open world if you do not need to prepare for raid/sieges, whats the point of alchemy / cooking if it did not provide enough strong buffs to be used to speed up content / give player power that is noticeable enough.... This was my argument for who knows how many posts, and people did not agree with me still today, I made these vanilla WoW posts like 7 days ago... They are still persistant to diss wow.

Imagine if instead of spending several pages trying to convince the community that WoW classic is the greatest game of all time. Your original post just got voted down into oblivion.
    That would not have been a conversation at all.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options

Imagine if instead of spending several pages trying to convince the community that WoW classic is the greatest game of all time. Your original post just got voted down into oblivion.

No it is we that are the one's lacking self observation friend.
  • Options
    Forums are nice idea, but people are abusing it because they do not have self observation

lzp68.jpg
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    My favorite way to express dislike involves a .GIF clip from Half Baked:

dave-chappelle-boo-this-man.gif

I feel it best expresses how I feel about an idea, when displeased with it.

• Options
    Nuub wrote: »
    I think forum members should be able to dislike another member's post. Voting systems have a much higher engagement than typed responses. Distinguishing between apathy and dislike is valuable. Make the dislike count only viewable to staff. To protect engagement, dislikes should have no impact on the recipient's standing. Be able to identify targeted harassment such as groups commonly disliking together.

Why make the dislike count only viewable to staff?
    Being public is like PvP in the game.
    You hate that player but you want to backstab instead of fighting him face to face?
    Of course nobody wants to die but being friendly face to face and secretly backstabbing because principles, like calling the inquisition feels like favoring cowards.

This game is supposed to bring people together but not such backstabbing coward people. They do not make a great community.

Then if there is a downvote, why without giving a reason? It helps staff not. They cannot read minds.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No thanks to downvotes. They don't bring anything positive or constructive to the table.
  • Options

I never said it was the best game, I said it was pure masterpiece how gold felt important, they literally made me play and spend gold like I would IRL, in other game I dont have this connection with economy because everything is worthless, literally I would do professions and each day I would have x2 time more gold then I did before, no spending at all because I did not need it...
  • Options
    I had to say this, but the fact that you are kind of hunting me to other posts and making kind of ''poke'' jokes to me, is telling me a lot about you and your reason. You are not even making reasonable arguments, I talked about consumables and you guys talk about gearing, when someone talks about one topic try to follow his topic, don't just get around it and say ''ohhh wow had bad gearing from professions, so it sucks''. You were literally doing this all these days.
  • Options
    And this thread is about the dislike button not consumables.
  • Options
    I cant do much about it, I try to understand people like you, but I think it is pointless... the mere fact that some of you are liking provokative posts tells me a lot...
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2022
    I never said it was the best game, I said it was pure masterpiece how gold felt important, they literally made me play and spend gold like I would IRL

I'm guessing maybe you just didn't play anything else besides wow or you played bad games, bc the economy was garbage in classic as it is garbage now.. not a good example to follow at all

but hey, that's a good thing, your standards are really low, so you will be mind blown when AoC does a decent economy and you get to experience it ;)
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    The better option is just to have active moderation.
  • Options
    I really hope AoC does good when it comes to consumables, I have no doubt that they will do good gearing wise or making vessels for example. Even in any MMO except gw2 buying gear is expensive, take example from New World, 100k BiS items and you can farm 5-10k per hour, its all good, vanilla really sucked gearing wise from professions, but consumables were top tier. If AoC design that you need 1 flask per raid it will fail, vanilla had 10 buffs from food/flasks/elixirs and other stuff, I never saw a game that did consumables like that, it was pure preparation each day, farming over and over in open world and meeting others + PVPing, then you get to do raid and spend all that gold that you farmed 2 days before. A lot of WoW players can't stand that design, but I think that should be core foundation of any MMO - to prepare via professions. Now it does not need to be only consumables, they can make enchanting similar - instead of making permanent enchant, they can design so that we can enchant piece of gear for 3-4 hours - each piece slot, so it all adds up. Food / flasks / elixirs / runes / enchants / blacksmith sharpening stones etc...