Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Wishfulfilling

Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
I am not saying AoC should have it, but the game Dark Sun Shattered Lands had a genie who did fulfill wishes and I was amazing, he was VERY POWERFUL

So I wonder, what wishes a genie or a boss could grant in a MMO?

What would be acceptable?
What would be too much?
  • fully clean the corruption of one player of my choice, could be anyone
  • clear all my death penalties
  • fill my inventory with rare materials
  • teleport my party to a node or freehold
  • meteor shower a city
  • flight ability for one hour
  • 90% in all resistances for one hour
  • royal mount for 10 days
  • raise and unleash an undead army in a node of my choice

DFx2vD1XgAA7N67.jpg

2-EGHgNMo.jpg

Still the best 2D CRPG ever
PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.

Comments

• Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    edited November 2022
    Interesting idea- without giving too much thought, my first impression is that it sounds like it could make for some pretty fun stories and gameplay- so long as it could be tuned to fit in the game they are trying to make.

I don't see why it couldn't be a very interesting mechanic, while still being tuned to fit-

for example if there would be meaningful wishes that impact the pvp aspects (such as results of siege battles), then you would probably want to avoid wishmaking as a meta strategy since it could take away from the intended pvp design if abused, and turn into who can take control of the genie spawn and farm OP wishes- avoiding this would probably just require making it a very difficult thing to achieve, probably randomized in some way but still obtainable through skill, and possibly time-gated so that way it couln't be able to be used for every siege battle (for example) and be more of a once in a while kind of thing if it is earned.

I think this could add some strategic elements to reward those who can put in the work of adventuring out, solving the mystery, defeating the guards, etc. (like a "dragon ball" kind of concept) to earn some impactful wishes.

Then again, rather than just having the wishes be comletely OP and a high risk high reward kind of thing- it could just be made to have a lesser impact, similar to a lot of the other tactics than can be used. So (following the seige example), just like you can use the land management/politics/blockades/weather conditions and other tools at your disposal to get an advantage during a siege, this could add another such option, where you could gain a small advantage should you leverage the use of wishes that you can earn, so it would be more of a lower risk/lower reward kind of tool.

This would tunable like anything else by requiring the skill of knowing how to implement the wishes into your strategy, and requiring the skill of obtaining the access of said wishes, then balancing its effectiveness amongst the other options available based on how diffcult they are to pull off.
  • @Ace1234 wanna see people go crazy? add consumable one time use cards in the game
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • I hope Intrepid uses the subscription fee to have wondering GMs, perhaps incognito, dishing out justice and wishes in equal measure to the needy and deserved. What a hoot that would be! I'd be happy to receive minimum age for that job!