Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Guild hall needs more options

Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
Checking out the what mayors have at hand and I don't think mayors have enough for their decision making

Makes sense having more data for the node's grand strategy:
  • citizens kills and death counts within the node: being PvE or PvP: all-time, last 7 days, last 24 hours
  • list of guilds that have citizens in the node and how many many people from that guild are citizens in your node: so if a guild has 800 players and only 50 live in your node then it's important knowing they have 50 as citizens here. Because they may have 750 players from that guild living elsewhere and maybe even in the node that just declared ward on you, it's important knowing stuff
  • email: mayor should have the option to email citizens being from patron guilds, other guilds, neutrals or all citizens
  • caravan deaths: will there be any kill reports for caravans? so you know what went on, for now there is only a status thing... will the status be clickable and show who were defending and who were attacking?
  • wars history: having all wars fought by the node, against who, warscore, kills x deaths, datetime... how much warscore which guild (and neutrals) contributed how many people they had on this

Mayors shouldn't be oblivious if they want to be good mayors

For now, that's a start, but can you imagine having to click player by player:
https://ashesofcreation.wiki/City_hall
Players can interact with the node board to get a list of its citizens.[40]
Clicking on a citizen will reveal information about their guild, society, religion, and property ownership.[40]

A bandit list seems odd
It implies people who kill caravans are some kind of criminals
There is a level of risk that comes with the attacker. We have progression paths that exist for bandits and that exists for defenders; and if you choose to opt into a caravan attack- you sign up for that attack and you fail that attack- it is detrimental to your path of progression down the bandit area. That's one thing: Two is of course you have gear decay. You have degradation that can be suffered if you die. That is a cost. And then you also have a reputation; and if your reputation precedes you when you want to transit goods across the world; and you see somebody who's doing it and you want to participate as a defender or a participant, they might say hey screw you, you were just murdering my people last week and I saw that you're like on the top of the bandit list for killing caravans. So it has repercussions in the sense that it locks you out of certain player groups. It provides decay to your armor. It has deleterious effects on your progression, and the attacking- and the bandit progression of caravan attacks or defense.[41] – Steven Sharif

Such list should not exist and should be replaced by a full Caravan PvP window
A Caravan PvP window should have:
  • successful attacks, plus kills x deaths in that
  • successful defenses, plus kills x deaths in that
  • successful deliveries maybe

Let people take this content as be professional caravaneers and cut off this bandit list vibes because it brings wrong views about the people and the content

What is a bandit anyway?
To a person is a thing and to another person a bandit is a hero

Why in real life we have words for privateer, corsair, bucaneer and pirate?
It pretty much to sepparate who do you work for and where do you work at, but they were all equally PvPers in real life

Just let people have the data so they can put together the pieces of this puzzle the sandbox is

If the guy is the biggest "bandit" in the server but he has a 100% successful DEFENSE rate then he is more than welcome to defend my caravan, if there is just a "bandit list" and he is #1 then some demonic carebars with putrid hearts will think he is a bad guy
PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Are you talking about guild hall or city hall?
    2 different things.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/City_hall
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Guild_halls
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    @bloodprophet city hall of course, I even linked it

The mayor should have a better grasp about which guilds have citizens in the node, what is going on with the people, etc
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Title says guild hall?
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited November 2022
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    A bandit list seems odd

Well, yeah.

They kind of are.

They are literally the land equivalent of pirates.

Just because there is no corruption, doesnt mean they aren't criminals of some form.

As to Bloodprophets post, it is in relation to the title of the thread and the subject of the thread not lining up. Sure, you linked city halls, but you titled the thread guild halls - seems an obvious first question to ask.
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »
    A bandit list seems odd

Well, yeah.

They kind of are.

They are literally the land equivalent of pirates.

Just because there is no corruption, doesnt mean they aren't criminals of some form.

As to Bloodprophets post, it is in relation to the title of the thread and the subject of the thread not lining up. Sure, you linked city halls, but you titled the thread guild halls - seems an obvious first question to ask.

They will be doing god's work by stalling other people's progress

How can people be so blind to the point that they can't see that caravan's don't belong to "good" people?
    Caravans will belong to all kinds of people, even the worst toxic trash will have caravans

Then if you kill those that makes you a bandit?

What a lack of judgement
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Yes.

To those people and their node.

Why wouldnt it?

You may well be appreciated for doing this in and around your node, but not their node. To them, you are a criminal taking their stuff that needs to be stopped.

Do you think they will look at you as a hero for taking their stuff?
  • Options
    Yes.

Why wouldnt it?

You may well be appreciated for doing this in and around your node, but not their node. To them, you are a criminal taking their stuff that needs to be stopped.

We will see, but I bet this screen will be pure garbage because it is still very narrow minded, such screen should be about Caravan PvP

If i am in a guild wars against a guild, how the hell will I know where every member live?
    My guild will simply kill them because it is a war, that makes no one a bandit
    If we are fightinig and investing in fighting that guild it is because we have reason enough to believe they are dangerons

Also, there is 50% chance that it was them who declared war on my guild, then if we fight back we become "bandits"

No person with carebearing stains on their hearts should work on such screen otherwise a poor "bandit window" will arise

For now, the caravan system seems to be the first flop in AoC's development with this "bandit window" on the side
  • Options
    Yes.

Why wouldnt it?

We will see, but I bet this screen will be pure garbage because it is still very narrow minded, such screen should be about Caravan PvP

If i am in a guild wars against a guild, how the hell will I know where every member live?
    My guild will simply kill them because it is a war, that makes no one a bandit
    If we are fightinig and investing in fighting that guild it is because we have reason enough to believe they are dangerons

Also, there is 50% chance that it was them who declared war on my guild, then if we fight back we become "bandits"

No person with carebearing stains on their hearts should work on such screen otherwise a poor "bandit window" will arise

For now, the caravan system seems to be the first flop in AoC's development with this "bandit window" on the side

Are you going back to talking about guild business again?

I'm back to being confused. Either the thread is about guild halls and guild business (as per the title), or the thread is about city halls and node business (as per the OP).

These are vastly different things with vastly different purposes. You can't just bounce between the two at will.

So, pick which it is you are talking about and then either reconsider your OP, or reconsider the above quoted post - as the two simply do not belong in the same thread.
  • Options
    I guess I'm talking to the walls then

Well, Noanni and Bloodprophet were muted by me a long time ago anyway, since they struggle to understand stuff since always then they keep replying over and over the same bullshit

Who cares about what they think
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I guess I'm talking to the walls then
    Ah, this may be why I don't understand. You are talking to walls, but I am not a wall. If I were a wall, perhaps I would be able to make sense of your jumping from guild business to node business all the time.

I mean, we are both keen on discussion. Thing is, you need to start making some sense before discussion can happen.

Look at the title of the thread, then read the first 6 words.

The title of the thread is
    Guild hall needs more options

The first 6 words of the thread are
    Checking out the what mayors have

I assume you see what the issue there is.

However, then you clarified by saying that you linked city halls, and so that is what you are talking about. That would be fine - I even attempted some discussion with you, but your reply was

If i am in a guild wars against a guild
    We are now back out and away from anything to do with nodes, city halls and mayors, and are back in the realm of guilds and guild halls.

Which is it?

Don't claim it is like trying to talk to walls when you can't even keep the topic you are trying to talk about straight. It isn't our fault you aren't making any sense, nor have provided us with any coherent thought to form the basis of a discussion.