Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Looking forward to Alpha 2!

Hey all! I've taken a back seat with AoC, since I knew it would be a while until there would be something to play. Transitioning from one engine to another is a HUGE feat; hats off to the devs and teams who worked on that.

I can see in the wiki, and some google searches, there's no release date for Alpha 2. I was able to purchase access to Alpha 2 last January, I'm hoping there will be something soon, I'm getting so bored with the current selection of games out there.

I've been following along with the Dev streams on twitch, and think the team is doing an amazing job, keeping the community informed of progress and setbacks, etc. I think the key is communication, and they've been doing this very well.

Anyway, just wanted to jump in and say hello, and that I'm very much looking forward to Alpha 2, and hope to be a valuable asset for reporting bugs, and offering feedback when it's ready.

Bunz

Comments

• MMOAddictMMOAddict Member
    edited December 2022
    Some have suggested (although i'm sceptical)in the upcomming developer update the alpha 2 dates might be announced.
    the beginning of wisdom is to know you know nothing
  • MMOAddict wrote: »
    Some have suggested (although i'm sceptical)in the upcomming developer update the alpha 2 dates might be announced.

I would not expect an A2 date this stream. Would be crazy if it happened, but with Cleric being the central focus I am sure they will save that for the next few months.
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I`d be pleased if only we had the castle sieges opened for a few days over the Xmas new year period!
  • Maybe in decemeber we will get ALpha 1 spot testing dates which would essentially tell us Alpha 2 dates
  • WHIT3ROS3WHIT3ROS3 Member
    edited December 2022
    MMOAddict wrote: »

I really don't understand what makes people think this. I bet we are at least another year away from an Alpha 2 date. (more until it actually starts, I would say mid to late 2024) Do people really think they have seen enough to launch Alpha 2? There are dozens of significant aspects of the game we haven't seen anything about yet. As Steven himself said, one of the biggest challenges is creating content (which takes a shit load of time and effort). With many significant positions at Intrepid still being advertised, there is still some way to go.

• WHIT3ROS3 wrote: »

I really don't understand what makes people think this. I bet we are at least another year away from an Alpha 2 date. (more until it actually starts, I would say mid to late 2024) Do people really think they have seen enough to launch Alpha 2? There are dozens of significant aspects of the game we haven't seen anything about yet. As Steven himself said, one of the biggest challenges is creating content (which takes a shit load of time and effort). With many significant positions at Intrepid still being advertised, there is still some way to go.

While I agree that A2 is most likely months away, I am not sure where people get the idea that they are obligated to show every ounce of content that can possibly fit in A2 before they can release it like that is a rule. I am optimistically/unrealistically hoping A2 announcement comes at the Dec livestream (something to the effect of "We are tentatively looking at a end of Q2 A2 date" or something like that, while realistically I know that probably won't happen. But the point still remains that with 1.5 hours a month I really would hope they aren't required to show every angle of gameplay/systems/classes before A2 or I guess we will get a game in 2052?
  • darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited December 2022
    WHIT3ROS3 wrote: »

What makes people think alpha 2 might be close? Because Steven himself has said alpha 2 isn't far off. During the AMA he even said we might get spot test dates before the end of the year. Skip to 17:14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrD4RCTbxds

As for the content Alpha 2 is not launching with complete content. They will add content throughout alpha 2. Content such as story quests most likely won't be seen in alpha 2 at all. Steven has stated multiple times he wants to keep as much of that type of content a secret for as long as he can so it's not spoiled . Most lore related quests won't be added until late beta
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ah.. so at 47min. there is a kinda fast travel between nodes!