Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Monsters name tags

I think that nametag of the monsters should not be constantly visable, i like NW solution to that where you can see a nametag of a mobs only really close or when you aim ur crosshair at them from mid range or when they are agro at you. I would like to see the same solution in ashes.. and font is not perfect but im pretty sure that its a subject to change and they didnt work on it just yet

Comments

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    That may well be one of the things that each player gets to set for themselves, as Stephen implied.
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    For the most part nametags over mobs state the obvious, are redundant and could really be limited to just the nametag when selected or as @snekkers suggested close range.

Yes, there may be variants of a mob, but then that is what the visual differentiation of the mob design is for.
  • Options
    LeylosLeylos Member
    edited December 2022
    I would at least like to see nametags disabled for very specific monsters that are trying to blend into the environment until they attack you. It makes the world a little less predictable.

If you are running through a cave filled with mushrooms you shouldn't know ahead of time which of them are mobs.

Make it a special monster ability that can be cancelled out by a class ability.
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As already said this will probably be a player choice, as it should be. That being said I would like to see some sort of lexicon that fills with knowledge as players encounter more and different types of mobs that could then translate into more useful information shown on the nametag or nameplate when hovered over.