Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Could a tavern be a guild hall?

I don't know if this was said way back or not but could we use taverns as guild halls as well? like an upgrade to a second floor that could be used as a functional guild hall be it small but useful, if the tavern doesn't have a visible second floor then a guild basement? this way guilds don't have to buy 2-3 buildings in a node, allows for more groups to move into a city making the area feel more alive. unless guild halls are separate buildings that become available at a certain node level or if freeholds are used as guild halls.

Comments

• NodeStoneNodeStone Member
    edited December 2022
    From what I can read on the wiki, it says "Some freehold cosmetics may be applicable to guild freeholds." And I'd like to emphasize 'some', so there is a chance. That said, there is this one...

450px-Shadeless_Tree_Tavern.png

This one says it's a freehold, but nothing about a guild hall.

Guild Halls serve a different function than taverns. They are the central power of guilds and are priority targets in the event of a "guild war". Players must destroy the node they are attached to and then destroy the guild hall in order to win the war. Taverns on the other hand serve an entirely different purpose, generating quests and meals and maybe income to player owned taverns. Yes a tavern can be placed in a node or freehold, nothing I can find says that it can straight up be the "guild hall". HOWEVER, AoC is making new cosmetics every month with freehold/guild skins and it is possible that we will see a Tavern looking guild hall, but it probably won't serve the same mechanical purpose as both buildings rolled into one.
  • It certainly feel as you could use it as one, without it being officially a guild hall. I reckon thats what most folks will do while awaiting to get their hands on a real hall! Its a really good idea actually.

My only concern is with the "permissions" mechanic. Like, hopefully it wont be limited to your family and hopefully every1 in your guild/alliance will be able to havbe acess to your tavern.