Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Some Ideas

Hey, all...
I have a few ideas... general ones, but who knows, maybe some more will come in handy. Nobody talks about it aloud.. but the rules for a good MMO in my opinion are:
- The game is not supposed to support casual players.
- In each game, the player is unique ... apparently, because when it comes to what they have almost the same equipment. Just different skins. The game must have items that are "legendary" meaning that 98% of players can dream about and talk about them. They must be really rare and there shouldn't be too many owners of such items. This is the main engine for playing and surviving in the world, the drop chance of 0.1%~0.01% sometimes is not exaggerated.
- item skins.
Don't exaggerate that you can wear a bikini skin over plate armor. It ruins the fun...
Skins should be limited to modifications of clothing details.
-And class schemas... should be released.
And all limited by the limitations of the items they carry.
For example
There could be an assassin with plate armor and a two-handed sword...why not?
But would it be effective? Well... another story.

Such scribbles...
Regards

Comments

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A lot of what you ask for is planned.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
    Any class can use any weapon or armor.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Gik wrote: »
    Hey, all...
    I have a few ideas... general ones, but who knows, maybe some more will come in handy. Nobody talks about it aloud.. but the rules for a good MMO in my opinion are:
    - In each game, the player is unique ... apparently, because when it comes to what they have almost the same equipment. Just different skins. The game must have items that are "legendary" meaning that 98% of players can dream about and talk about them. They must be really rare and there shouldn't be too many owners of such items. This is the main engine for playing and surviving in the world, the drop chance of 0.1%~0.01% sometimes is not exaggerated.
    - item skins.
    Don't exaggerate that you can wear a bikini skin over plate armor. It ruins the fun...
    For example

Such scribbles...
    Regards

alot of good ideas
  • Options
    Hey, all...
    - item skins.
    For example

Such scribbles...
    Regards

why not? whats wrong with casual players? most games are played by casuals as well..

how unique is everybody when these legendary items are only for the 1% population? so how does that make the other 99% unique? don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to having such items, but they don't really make people unique and 0.1%-0.01% isn't a low chance. eventually, everybody will have them, unless they become obsolete with new patches. there's already things like that anyways, such as flying mounts.
  • Options
    Hey, all...

Such scribbles...
    Regards

I do not feel that way at all. will they take longer to get to "end game" yes, will they envy that super hard core guild who can clear the hardest content in the hardest mode and has the best weapons yes, are they the majority of that other 95% of the player base? well the numbers are debatable but yes.

just my 2 copper

Letterz

• Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Oh boy, another "I've only just found out about the game and have done zero research yet I'm gonna submit ideas anyway" post.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Welcome to the AoC community!
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    The OP contradicts themselves:
    1) The game is not supposed to support casual players.
    2) The game must have items that are "legendary" meaning that 98% of players can [only] dream about.

Well then you need 98% of the playerbase as 'casual' then so the top 2% in Legendary are alone in their eliteness.
  • Options

I think there will be stuff to do for the more casual of players, but not everyone can do everything.

I think players will have unique builds based on the party members they have. You will have to pick your synergies with your group mates, and that leads to more unique builds. For solo players, I think there will be some options, but survivability will be most important.

Everything you said about legendaries holds up to what Intrepid has said before.
    - item skins.

Even tho we will see players at early levels running around with crazy costumes (cosmetics), everything will be contained within the high fantasy theme. no bikinis, but big chest plates with bright lights and the like..
    For example

Yes, any class can wear any gear and use any weapon, but your effectiveness will be focused on things that make sense for your class.
  • Options
    I disagree, this game is made for the hardcore player, but most definitely will have a large casual population, games like this are made fun by casual players, through their RP and interactions they give to everyone else they both make the world feel alive, support the economy and make stories more interesting. Basically casual players bring a diversity that a hardcore population alone struggles to provide. It has plenty of casual playstyle options as well.
  • Options
    Voxtrium wrote: »
    I disagree, this game is made for the hardcore player, but most definitely will have a large casual population, games like this are made fun by casual players, through their RP and interactions they give to everyone else they both make the world feel alive, support the economy and make stories more interesting. Basically casual players bring a diversity that a hardcore population alone struggles to provide. It has plenty of casual playstyle options as well.

I agree with your disagreement. So casual players are like the next thing up from NPCs, as far as the hardcore are concerned. You could call us CPCs for 'casual playing characters'. Don't bank on our AI being any better though, although we do run away better.
  • Options
    VoxtriumVoxtrium Member
    edited December 2022
    @Trenker Cannon fodder is fun, plus casual players bring elements like taverns, race only guilds that serve no purpose other than to run around and have fun. Lets be honest, if they go 500v500 in sieges then it won't be 500v500 hardcore players, it'll be like 80% casual and 20% hardcore and idk about you I'd much rather 500v500 sieges than 100v100 or worse.

The not for everyone thing that everyone says applies but not in the way everyone uses it. This game will have aspects that nearly anyone can enjoy, it'll just not be catered to everyone.