Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Monster Coins

What's the status of monster coins? Saw the Video about a year ago and was just ecstatic at the idea.

What kinds of Monsters is everyone hoping to be?

Comments

• Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I haven't yet seen anything in game that I'd want to Coin as, I don't think.

Combining this with Intrepid's 'unique' mob design aesthetic, I guess I'll go with Scorpion.

I normally also like Lizard and Wildcat, but I don't like their visual designs for either of those creatures, so that will depend a lot on which monster abilities you get to use, and 'for what purpose'. I think in FFXI's 'equivalent' system I generally use these beauties:

39wt4w1nmtv0.jpg

If they put in a 'Basilisk' I'll probably see if that one works out well.

I really don't intend to engage with that system very much, though, I think, I didn't use it much in FFXI even when it was popular enough to get good fights with players, and it wasn't really because I had too much trouble leveling through the prerequisites (you have to unlock Peistes by leveling Eft and Raptor which were both quite fun anyway).

I just generally don't play MMOs to do what this type of system lets me do. But if I DO get a coin for a nice Lizard-type or Basilisk, I'm not selling it either, it'll sit in my inventory until the mood strikes me.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    It's still part of the planned-out roadmap for the game, as far as we know.

Seems like a neat idea.

• Options
    I am very excited by Monster Coin events, having played a lot of monsters in Lord of the Rings Online.

I hope the monster events are pre-merged to a group or raid with voice, so that the randoms playing have a chance to coordinate and to have fun.

Monster Coin is such a great way to have "PvP" fun, unlike actual PvP with egos.
  • Options
    they mention it a few months ago with the events live stream
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    miirym wrote: »
    What's the status of monster coins? Saw the Video about a year ago and was just ecstatic at the idea.

What kinds of Monsters is everyone hoping to be?

id also love to know i havnt heard anything about this in a while!
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    hopefully they will get rid of the idea of selling monster coin tokens for cash...
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »
    hopefully they will get rid of the idea of selling monster coin tokens for cash...

Cash will motivate them to make the monster coins useful and cool.
    Else, as it is described on wiki it doesn't seem a very impactful feature.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would like to see an events played out en-mass using this system in a different way - not often but perhaps once a year or something.. monsters (mass number of dev team members) vs players in a major event!