Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What class fantasy will you follow?

Ashes of Creation is going to have the highest potential for class fantasy of any game on the market. What class fantasy will you like to follow?
Personally, I am going to follow a necromancer fantasy, and would like to find other necromancers to create a cult with every necromancer on the realm as part of our cult!!
0vsxntxgzupq.png

Comments

• Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Most likely paladin or assasin!
  • Options
    I've got a TTRPG character doing the petmaster ranger thing, with her massive wolf being a frontline combatant that she supports from the backline. I'm hoping Summoner (particularly Brood Warden) can fulfill that sort of Beastmaster fantasy.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    New Lore Dropped (New Cosmetics) so I have a tentative now! (thanks Intrepid)

I'm happy to face off with Frijah whenever she starts shit. Only room for one Ice Dragon around here.

More realistically, I guess if the Dragon God Tatzelwyrm is available as one of the Seven, ESPECIALLY if he is one of those complex 'Forces of Nature -> Draconic Essence -> Will For The Prosperity Of All Things' Dragon Gods, I have now found my patron Deity.

A 'Cleric who seeks to master the good aspects of greed by applying the principles of it to all existence' is technically my standard character, since I don't have to actually DO anything to stay in character. Therefore I'll 'bring people together for prosperity' and hopefully gain the favor of my Dragon God by doing so and doing good works in his Name.

Also beating up evil dragons who have strayed from the path and embodied the personal selfish form of Greed (whether or not Tatzelwyrm actually hates THIS or their actions is probably not relevant to my characterization).

So, that's a lot of RP stuff, but the 'class Fantasy' aspect of it ties into that, I feel, pretty heavily for Clerics. The 'Rogue' part being 'trying to stay out of the spotlight except among friends', 'seeking to control things from the shadows to allow the common citizens to live their lives without confusions', etc.

I accept all donations in the name of Tatzelwyrm.

The best part of this is, even if Tatzelwyrm is not part of the Seven, I figure Shadow Disciple and Cultist are just two sides of the same coin, so being willing to jump into the fray with 'Fang and Claw' in the name of Tatzelwyrm works even if I'm just 'a member of the Dragon God's cult' instead.

"May His Breath Bring You Life And Prosperity."
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Personally I have various characters in mind to play, i have yet to decide what my main character will be:

- A necromancer, i played this class like anywhere, I just love his unconventional way to approach thematic like life and death, and usually is more on the technical/strategic class then a common nuker spellcaster.

- A ranger, I fell in love with class from a campaign of D&D 3.0/3.5, I didn't know precisely what to do, so the master suggested me this class both for the lore of his story, both because none in the group had the Survival skill. Our group was more lore (Faerun, Aglarond) oriented than the common power-play, and it was awesome! Best D&D campaign of my life. I do not know the archetype, if again Ranger, Thief or Summoner, but I want to try the playstyles. No other classes gave me the "adventurer" vibes as this one.

As my possible second characters:

- Thief, after that campaign of D&D, my ranger character had become a big-shot in the world of the master, and gave an important mission to my second character: a thief. I had a lot in mid how to make him grow in an unpredictable direction, but then there was a total-party-wipe on the wrong opponent we weren't ready to face. I still want to make him shine!

- A druid, I do not know which class is more druidic oriented: Cleric/Ranger, or Summoner/Ranger, but after the party-wipe my group started a new campaign, same area, different quest because our previous party failed, and some months later there were repercussions. I secretly wanted to revive the old characters, but we stopped to play because we players had different work/life things to do. This class got me by surprise, I enjoyed it a lot and I would love to keep it going.

- Warrior, because I loved my time in Lineage 2 as Warlord / Dreadnought, facing a lot of opponents simultaneously, and shine in the frontline in mass PvP.

I know it will be hard to make all these classes at high level, and I would like to try they out before deciding.
  • Options
    I usually play either rogues (as DPS in PvE) or healers (in PvP). Some games have had hybrids between the two and I want to try out something similar in ashes, maybe cleric/rogue or a bard. I haven’t decided.
  • Options
    I dont know the name for my class fantasy, but this is how I would describe it:

I plan on going Tank. But I am no Palladin, i am not into exorcism or self-healing. I am on the good side, but not on "god's" or "gods' " side. I am here to protect my friends, my crew. I am here to absord all the damage, distract the enemy, make them focus me and expend their energies on me to enable my teammates to do their thing, wether it be capturing objectives or killing targets. I am also a disrupter. I seek to cause havoc for the enemie's strategy and position. Force them to be uncomfortable, to move around, break their bonds, split em up, make them run off. An Offensive tank more so. I will also be intercepting those to try to sneek into our backline, hooking back to where they belong or hooking myself onto them to disarm them.

I guess you can call me a Disruptor. Not a jaugernaut, not a brute, not a martyr, not a palladin.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I'm sorta doing a crossover from my 10 years in Elder Scrolls Online with my main character who is an High Elf Magicka Sorcerer.

So in a roleplaying world my character will be reborn into the universe of Verra as an Empyrean. She was found as a newborn, wrapped in Erinthian silk, in the great forest of Eranthia. She was found by the Pyrian Royal Family who decided to raise her as their own in the capital of Amera.

For her class I'm continuing with the magic aspect with Mage as primary and probably Archwizard or Shadow Caster as secondary subclass.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Theres two things I like doing, being out in nature and playing vidieo games.

Naturallly I'd play a nature themed melee class.
  • Options
    I'm really feeling the cape and dagger feel, or something with a bow...Gonna depend on how the classes are feeling in later development for me personally though.
  • Options
    My Vaelune bard is going trough the gate to collect stories from all the hero's that are reclaiming the old world, so that when she gets back home she can tell those in the grand libraries and theaters So besides that she gathers stories she must also find a way back.

What archtype combination i will play will depend on what the aspects of the bard i enjoy, but i'm hoping that i'll be able to either be able to make a bow version or spear version. (Song Warden for bow version, Soul Weaver for Spear version)
  • Options
    Ashes of Creation is going to have the highest potential for class fantasy of any game on the market. What class fantasy will you like to follow?
    Personally, I am going to follow a necromancer fantasy, and would like to find other necromancers to create a cult with every necromancer on the realm as part of our cult!!

ill play a memelord or a troll
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    I enjoy playing a Bard in DnD, and look forward to the different interpretations of class fantasy for the bard that we may see in Ashes of Creation! :)
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited February 2023
    u2sm45j8ral5.jpg
    Dark elves or nothing >:)
    Mage, fighter or a combination of both.
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    OrbificatorOrbificator Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I want to have a build with as much health/constitution/health recovery as possible. This wont be practical for actual content, but is just something I love doing. I love the idea of tanking an attack that would essentially kill anyone else who wasn't so stupidly focused on not dying.

This is for my personal play. I imagine I'd have other sets of armor for actually doing content with others.
    u4ud44oeff0w.gif
  • Options
    I hope that I can play some sort of "right hand of..." or leader of a small group adventurer kind of character. Taking Fighter and Bard to have a fighter than can function as the "morale cornerstone" of that group would be awesome.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<