Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I'm against dodge & blocking!

edited December 2022 in General Discussion
JOKING! I'm all for it. :trollface:

I've seen a couple of threads lately that is all against it. I actually love the direction Ashes is going, but they could take it to the next level in my opinion. I recently watched Hogwarts Legacy 2nd Gameplay Showcase, and in my personal opinion, I'd love if AoC could use this as a base reference for block/dodge. The dodging and blocking (spell shield) looks beautiful. It's fast paced and smooth. Combat in general here looks great.

4:28 min in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol6sso7zz4w
m6jque7ofxxf.gif

Comments

• Options
    I just typed out a page long post i should have read more than the title.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Mag7spy wrote: »

:joy::joy::joy: I knew you would be heated lol
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    zs9rruspsc9n.png
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »

:joy::joy::joy: I knew you would be heated lol

naa i was doing my dry humor that is pretty bad most the time lol.
  • Options
    The dodge rolling looks realistic and well-paced in the timestamp linked. I like it.
  • Options
    VoeltzVoeltz Member
    edited December 2022
    This is a good example of how it could work. The dodge rolling looked clean, Although in a multiplayer game for balance purposes, I think a magic shield or block should be a forward facing half sphere that doesn't protect you if attacked from the sides or rear.
  • Options
    Voeltz wrote: »
    This is a good example of how it could work. The dodge rolling looked clean, Although in a multiplayer game I think a magic shield or block should be a forward facing half sphere that doesn't protect you if attacked from the sides or rear.

Oh i like that idea. Most healing skills are typically "cone shaped" and only allies infront of you is healed. Magic shield could work the same.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif