Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Do you want a dynamic UI?

akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Witcher 3 update is out and with it is a dynmaic UI.

It hides the minimap during exploration
It hides the objectives during exploration.

Working with this idea.

I would like to see the elements of the UI fade out and jump in based on gameplay relevance.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Make it optional
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    YES please!
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    I would like maps to be created and sold.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Strevi wrote: »

I will look at the map for free on a 3rd party website so... would be a waste of time creating this system
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »

I will look at the map for free on a 3rd party website so... would be a waste of time creating this system

I think a system could be worked out to render those web sites useless.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options

In this context of dynamic UI, the map crafted and sold by players could actually enable the mini-map and depending on tier, would show the resources on it.

The map would wear off overtime. It would be more a tool than than a traditional paper with things drawn on it.
    Some resources can move over the map (small animals or hostile NPCs) while others look the same until you try to harvest them, like those rocks Steven was cracking in one of the streams. Or could be hidden below the surface and without an exact indicator, finding them could be time consuming.
  • Options
    In this context of dynamic UI, the map crafted and sold by players could actually enable the mini-map and depending on tier, would show the resources on it.

The map would wear off overtime. It would be more a tool than than a traditional paper with things drawn on it.
    Some resources can move over the map (small animals or hostile NPCs) while others look the same until you try to harvest them, like those rocks Steven was cracking in one of the streams. Or could be hidden below the surface and without an exact indicator, finding them could be time consuming.

You are basically trying to turn Ashes a survival game, with really bad ideas

we already know we will be able to have a mini map at all times, unless we disable it.

Not having a mini map or making it depending on some system is a really bad idea, from survival games, that the majority of the mmorpg playerbase would hate.

Intrepid also already talked about how will we see hidden resources, this will come from surveying in the gathering professions, nothing to do with the map so..
    img]
  • Options

You are basically trying to turn Ashes a survival game, with really bad ideas

we already know we will be able to have a mini map at all times, unless we disable it.

Not having a mini map or making it depending on some system is a really bad idea, from survival games, that the majority of the mmorpg playerbase would hate.

Intrepid also already talked about how will we see hidden resources, this will come from surveying in the gathering professions, nothing to do with the map so..

So you prefer to have those 3rd party sites then, open on your other display?
    Or the game itself to show that some resources spawned on the other side of the world and to let you find them easily?
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    So you prefer to have those 3rd party sites then, open on your other display?
    Or the game itself to show that some resources spawned on the other side of the world and to let you find them easily?

I prefer if we just have a normal mini-map and a normal map like in every other mmo, that show us what we need from lvl 1 so I won't need to use 3rd party sites

what I'm saying is: If intrepid wastes time making these systems that lock/hide the map or tie it to some cartography bs - I, and most competitive players will 100% Have to use 3rd party options as they are more efficient
    img]