Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What’s your favorite weapon in the genre?

SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
And why?

The Hammer. Builds and destroys civilization, it’s the weapon that applies all knowledge and alchemy.

Comments

• Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The Dagger.

Because some people just need to be stabbed.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Azherae wrote: »
    The Dagger.

same but one on each hand
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Depraved wrote: »
    The Dagger.

Of course, of course.

I find that most people who need to be stabbed DO need to be stabbed twice.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Depraved wrote: »
    The Dagger.

Of course, of course.

I find that most people who need to be stabbed DO need to be stabbed twice.

Yes.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited December 2022
    2 swords.
  • Options
    Lust69Lust69 Member
    edited December 2022
    I always loved Cloud Strifes sword... buster sword.

80x5nfgfgbbf.png

• Options
    Social manipulation 😈

Much love ❤️
  • Options
    Spear and shield or axe/axes
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    Damascus blade
    g9lx8uvbco7d.png

Love of it started with this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1feB1I0ohQ
  • Options
    Summons
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    Staff! But i'm excited for Ashes Harry Potter wand :love:
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    GoalidGoalid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Spear! Poke them with some space for Jesus between you and the enemy
    bRVL6TR.png

• Options
    Was always a fan of Magic Swords with special effects like fire or glowy words on the blade. Second favorite is magic staffs because their is so much customization you can do with a staff.
  • Options
    Bow and sword.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    I wish more games used whips or flails, but I guess string mechanics could be intense. Castlevania, Quistis from FF8, even fun builds in Neverwinter Nights the weapon had charm. Another would be fist weapons like the katar or cestus, that fist blade makes for good shiving.
  • Options
    The bow ! Because with auto target, it should be easy to play )
  • Options
    its really dependant on what the game does with the weapon.. but historicaly, I love playing bows. Its fun to have a view of the whole field and still being able to pin point your attacks!
  • Options
    Bastard sword with a nice broad edge. Why? Because this is fantasy dammit, and it should look cool, even if it's not historically accurate, and it's less effective than a thinner faster weapon!

Nice bearded axe offhand.

Hate glowy/sparkly effects, the steel should speak for itself.
  • Options
    The incredibly underutilized Crossbow. I love those little mechanical buggers. Effective to use with minimal training, clever workmanship and mechanisms can make them immensely powerful (as the crossbows of the modern day show), and they have a much different feel than you'd expect from a bow and arrow. The fact that they so rarely get added to things burns me up inside, given how they can be given an entirely different mechanical feel to a bow.
  • Options
    While barely a weapon, there is just something about using a large shield to tank insane damage that just satisfies me. Braum in League of Legends is my favorite character simply because of how satisfying it is to eat bullets from things like a MF ult.
  • Options
    Voxtrium wrote: »
    While barely a weapon, there is just something about using a large shield to tank insane damage that just satisfies me. Braum in League of Legends is my favorite character simply because of how satisfying it is to eat bullets from things like a MF ult.

Who says shields aren't weapons? Nothing says ouch like bringing the wall down on someone's head.
  • Options
    Simple and exotic weapons - staff, two-bladed staff, knuckles, katar, kama, sickle, naginata, wrist blades and claws.
  • Options
    Long spikey Morning Star, good for tenderizing your enemies.
  • Options
    DmZ wrote: »
    Long spikey Morning Star, good for tenderizing your enemies.

The Porcupine in Valheim does this well.
  • Options
    SpaceWolfSpaceWolf Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2022
    Shortswords, definitely. I've favored Spellsword builds from when I first seriously played Elder Scrolls games (I'm a young pup who started with Oblivion), and I love the shortswords' balance of speed, reach, and most importantly, their easy shifts to blocking enemy attacks.

The range tradeoff compared to standard swords or such is more than fine to me, since I view a shortsword as a defensive weapon first and foremost. I'd prefer to bring the death with spells, and use my weapon for precision strikes or disruptive blows, while knowing I can quickly shift to blocking since my attacks are faster and less committed.

I'd love for a shortsword skill tree in this game to emphasize this aspect of their useage; I can't imagine them working any other way, honestly, in all self-centeredness. Rogue-type builds are nimble enough to use daggers, and greatsword-wielding warriors are very cool, but the versatility of a shortsword is exactly what I use to fill out my kit. Was super upset when Bethesda removed them in Skyrim, and fixed this with mods as soon as I could.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    There's something especially cool about wielding a two-handed sword, imo :)
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Vaknar wrote: »
    There's something especially cool about wielding a two-handed sword, imo :)

damn, you are one of those T_T
  • Options
    The sling. Even though it's a weapon that you don't see very much, the principle of throwing rocks at full power is comical when you're surrounded by swords, spears and bows.
    Kind of like you're a little behind in terms of civilization but still do the job
    (I will always thank Chivalry: Medieval Warfare for making me love this weapon)
  • Options
    the lute, seduce friend and foe, can also bonk them with it