Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Farming without a freehold

Hopefully this hasn't been asked already but I was curious about the farming profession in relation to player housing. Can farming be done at all without a freehold or non-apartment in-node housing? And if not should there be a way for players to contribute to farming without owning a freehold?

Comments

• AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dryhump91 wrote: »
    Hopefully this hasn't been asked already but I was curious about the farming profession in relation to player housing. Can farming be done at all without a freehold or non-apartment in-node housing? And if not should there be a way for players to contribute to farming without owning a freehold?

I believe there have been some implications that you will be able to be granted permissions to farm on someone else's freehold (maybe even at their in-node housing).

Further details are not available yet, and the system may still be in testing.

For now, that's all I can find.

You can become a gardener-for-hire if you don't want to have a Freehold.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Hopefully you can be! Since free holds have a limitation per area it would be weird to lock out a whole crafting tier
  • I would hope it would be possible to plant stuff in the ground ?anywhere? (risk of being stolen) or at least in specific plots available publicly, which could grow with node size and special node buildings. Even have special production perks like % speed to grow and % yield according to some node buildings and upgrades!
  • Not against requiring farming to have a required plot of land. If it's an issue during testing, devs could potentially have node building upgrades for farmland that people can rent out similar to in-node housing. Could even have an option to pay the rate in gold or even give a % of each crop you harvest in it instead that go towards the nodes progression.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Dryhump91 wrote: »
    Hopefully you can be! Since free holds have a limitation per area it would be weird to lock out a whole crafting tier

not really - there are gonna be lots of things that will be locked out for players. Loot, Raid dungeon, Mayor, owning/controlling a node, owning/controlling a city, the sea, trade routes perhaps. Obviously, the rush for freehold and those who managed to get the hard to get freeholds in the first place THEN the actual land to place it in, will have privilege's
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm hoping castles will have attached farmlands too. Would be another reason to fight over the castles.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Dolyem wrote: »
    Not against requiring farming to have a required plot of land. If it's an issue during testing, devs could potentially have node building upgrades for farmland that people can rent out similar to in-node housing. Could even have an option to pay the rate in gold or even give a % of each crop you harvest in it instead that go towards the nodes progression.

This is an option, also allow owner of freehold to rent their space. A Mechanics that ensure renter only has access to his farm, owner can't take it, only "destroy it" if property isnt kept up and the game itself destroy the freehold / or war.
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • @novercalis

Right but crafting isnt limited by that list you made! Every1 will be able to run arouind and gather resources, cook in towns, jewelcraft, weaposmith, make armor etc etc, I dont see why farming would be locked in that case.
  • Gui10 wrote: »
    @novercalis

Right but crafting isnt limited by that list you made! Every1 will be able to run arouind and gather resources, cook in towns, jewelcraft, weaposmith, make armor etc etc, I dont see why farming would be locked in that case.

Raids provide endgame materials and maxed nodes/freehold provide max tier crafting stations so professions are indeed affected
    GJjUGHx.gif