Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A system to allow custom tattoo, flags and other designs

leameseleamese Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited December 2022 in General Discussion
On the one hand it is cool to add custom designs yourself, but Intrepid doesn't want a bunch of dickpicks in the wild.

So what about a platform where you can upload a design, or another way to access it, so the Intrepid team can go trough them beforehand and then allow them into the game. Offcourse there would be requirements. like: We want this adobe file, this resolution, these kind off textures, it should be done with x, y and z. I am no designer so i have no idea what i'm talking about, but you get the picture. Basicly it's free labor and the players get (kinda) what they want. You could work with a reddit-style vote system what is most wanted, what should be looked at. Offcourse Interpid can veto stuff, can play around with it. bonus: could do the same with other things as well. Mobs (3D moddled)? concept art?

Next level Community-involvment? Just thinking out loud here :)

Comments

• Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Perhaps such a system would require a fee to cover the cost of staff time, not too high...perhaps $10?
  • Options
    novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    uploading wont be a thing as it can create trademark / copyright issues

WWE and it's video games recently been sued by a tattoo artist - claiming reproducing it's art on Randy Orton Arm that was made by the artist.
    This is a landmark case - in which, so far the lower courts has sided with the artist.
    No game dev will want to take on risk.

{UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • Options
    tautau wrote: »
    Perhaps such a system would require a fee to cover the cost of staff time, not too high...perhaps $10?

Not only that, it’s a great idea to consider after launch.
  • Options
    leamese wrote: »
    On the one hand it is cool to add custom designs yourself, but Intrepid doesn't want a bunch of dickpicks in the wild.

So what about a platform where you can upload a design, or another way to access it, so the Intrepid team can go trough them beforehand and then allow them into the game. Offcourse there would be requirements. like: We want this adobe file, this resolution, these kind off textures, it should be done with x, y and z. I am no designer so i have no idea what i'm talking about, but you get the picture. Basicly it's free labor and the players get (kinda) what they want. You could work with a reddit-style vote system what is most wanted, what should be looked at. Offcourse Interpid can veto stuff, can play around with it. bonus: could do the same with other things as well. Mobs (3D moddled)? concept art?

Next level Community-involvment? Just thinking out loud here :)

this has been done before, and surprisingly, there weren't really any dick pics hahahaha, but you never know :p

the issue was that people would take advantage of the system to use certain types of emblems. i don't wanna give details to give anyone ideas, but yeah...if its done, intrepid should set up some rules on what type of emblems should be allowed

other than that, I like the idea
  • Options
    novercalis wrote: »
    uploading wont be a thing as it can create trademark / copyright issues

WWE and it's video games recently been sued by a tattoo artist - claiming reproducing it's art on Randy Orton Arm that was made by the artist.
    This is a landmark case - in which, so far the lower courts has sided with the artist.
    No game dev will want to take on risk.

I read something about that and still think it's complete BS. If I paid for a tattoo that at is mine now, not the tattoo artists.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They have talked about this before. If, and a big if, they were to allow custom options in game, they would not be policing them beforehand. That would come after the people had uploaded and implemented. Just like naming conventions, if you break what they consider to be TOS breaking, then you risk your account. There have been robust reporting options and active GM interaction promised in the case of reports.

I personally don't see them adding the option, as it kills a revenue stream for them. "Get the unicorn cosmetic tattoo pack on the store today! Spend those Embers!" Anything that falls under the cosmetic and not p2w blanket is fair game for Intrepid to monetize.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg