Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What kind of armor "abilities " do you want in ashes?

I'm not sure if this has already been stated or anything but I will speak on it anyway.

In ESO there are armor sets that would give you auxiliary effects as opposed to just stat bonuses. You would ofcourse have to wear the full set to get the bonus. (This consisted of 2 pieces. ) il post 2 screenshots below for reference.w1em543t5w33.jpg
8mbm8rnh8gx2.jpg

More the way to acquire these sets was through acquisition of a god key that you could only get once a day to roll on a chest. (I haven't played the game in years ago correct me if I'm wrong. ) this would effectively be dailies. I'm not arguing for there to be dailies but I would like something similar to the sets in Ashes. (It wouldn't event have to be a set, it could just be a helmet. ) I believe it'll allow for even greater customization and build diversity. The way to acquire them could be only through a max lvl crafter and you would need to hunt X creature who would either be a world boss or only in a dungeon in the lowest floor. You then use the mats and boom cool new armor. I'd think it would have a low ass drop rate for the mats or make it so you require materials from multiple creatures of high difficulty so only those who are willing to put in the work will get it.

What systems in other games like this would you want to see in ashes? Does this sound like something fun to yall?
Apologies for the rambling. It's late and I can't seem to sleep.

Comments

• Options
    we will already have sets
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Save for legendaries, none.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Armor shouldnt do the combat for you. Your characters abilities should.
  • Options
    StreviStrevi Member
    edited December 2022
    I want to see a PvP update in first half of 2023.
    Or is it a too optimistic wish?
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options

Obviously it shouldn't fight for you. I'd rather armor at the highest level not just give you stat bonuses only or it becomes purely a numbers game. More depth is always better.
  • Options
    Settite wrote: »

Obviously it shouldn't fight for you. I'd rather armor at the highest level not just give you stat bonuses only or it becomes purely a numbers game. More depth is always better.

There wasn't any depth to ESOs armor system, it didn't require anyone to manage their attributes.
  • Options
    Solvryn wrote: »

There wasn't any depth to ESOs armor system, it didn't require anyone to manage their attributes.

Depth in the realm of three monster sets having additional bonuses beyond just stat increases. If they are to have something even beyond that in ashes of creation then I'd b quote satisfied.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I want my armour to have self clean and self repair.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options

Depth in the realm of three monster sets having additional bonuses beyond just stat increases. If they are to have something even beyond that in ashes of creation then I'd b quote satisfied.

I hope we don't get anything like that tbh. I just want to see regular attribute increases and tertiary bonuses.
  • Options

I hope we don't get anything like that tbh. I just want to see regular attribute increases and tertiary bonuses.

What's an example of a tertiary bonus u would like to see?
  • Options
    DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    I think it would be cool if craters could build set bonuses into their armor as a way to customize.
  • Options

What's an example of a tertiary bonus u would like to see?

My favorite stat in warcraft is haste, theres just something extremely satisfying about attack speed increases.

or base MS speed increases, things of that nature.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2022
    I would like to see crafted set bonuses. Not with outright abilities like in OP perhaps, but I can certainly see a bonus that buffs a certain skill thrown in the mix, beyond a mere stat-boost.

The reasons are two-fold really. One, more customization is fun, adds depth, and let players really dive into their class fantasies. Two, more variety in equipment means crafters are even more sought after than with lower variety, which I think is a good thing. Basically, players will need to see a crafter personally in order to min-max the gear for their builds, which is something I want to see.