Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

How is the PvP going to be?

I have my standards pretty high as I play Age of Conan on Fury ( the open world PvP server ). AoC has a very high PvP learning curve. Multiple buttons corresponding to directional arrows must be pressed in order to do a combo. Takes a lot of time, muscle memory and tons of PvP experience to be competent at it. Especially on certain classes. The best PvPers in AoC have experience with ALL player charcters in order to know how to counter. For those of you who play (ed) AoC know it shines in combat, though as all games, AoC has issues. Age Of Creation has the chance to be everything Age of Conan was supposed to be at launch, namely castle sieges with hundred's of players, balanced PVP with the addition of Ultima Online type player placed housing and open world changes to the physical world. Age of Conan ( I cant type the typical "AoC" since that is also Ashes of Creations abbreviation :P) has the best pvp ruleset and coding but tons of pvpers left due to various issues but would flock to AoC if PvP is done with attention to player skill not PayToWin gear nor uber PVE gear that is used to Pvp. No matter the game, pvpers do not like to grind pve. Hard enough to grind pvp experience to gain pvp levels. Any Age of Conan players in Alpha here yet? Love to hear your experiences as I still play AoC and can spread the word :)

Comments

• Dreadlady wrote: »
    ... tons of pvpers left due to various issues but would flock to AoC if PvP is done with attention to player skill not PayToWin gear nor uber PVE gear that is used to Pvp. No matter the game, pvpers do not like to grind pve. Hard enough to grind pvp experience to gain pvp levels.
    The leveling up will require PvE but they call the game PvX
    I think is not meant to attract pure PvP-ers but more PvE-ers who do not mind fighting and being killed often.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
    No matter the game, pvpers do not like to grind pve.
    Just to make it clear, Dreadlady is not speaking for all pvpers here :)
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    If you want to dive into the PVP side of things you can get information here: https://ashes101.com/pvp

hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • DolyemDolyem Member
    edited December 2022
    Dreadlady wrote: »
    I have my standards pretty high as I play Age of Conan on Fury ( the open world PvP server ). AoC has a very high PvP learning curve. Multiple buttons corresponding to directional arrows must be pressed in order to do a combo. Takes a lot of time, muscle memory and tons of PvP experience to be competent at it. Especially on certain classes. The best PvPers in AoC have experience with ALL player charcters in order to know how to counter. For those of you who play (ed) AoC know it shines in combat, though as all games, AoC has issues. Age Of Creation has the chance to be everything Age of Conan was supposed to be at launch, namely castle sieges with hundred's of players, balanced PVP with the addition of Ultima Online type player placed housing and open world changes to the physical world. Age of Conan ( I cant type the typical "AoC" since that is also Ashes of Creations abbreviation :P) has the best pvp ruleset and coding but tons of pvpers left due to various issues but would flock to AoC if PvP is done with attention to player skill not PayToWin gear nor uber PVE gear that is used to Pvp. No matter the game, pvpers do not like to grind pve. Hard enough to grind pvp experience to gain pvp levels. Any Age of Conan players in Alpha here yet? Love to hear your experiences as I still play AoC and can spread the word :)

Its a PVX game, neither solely or separately PVP or PVE . So the general design does indeed require you to PVE in order to progress in PVP, but you also must PVP to progress in PVE. So be very prepared to play the game as a whole, and not just a piece of the game.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.

when you say AoC do you mean AoC or AoC?

anyways, pvpers don't mind doing pve when its tied to pvp. AoC wont be p2w but you wont have a separation of PVP or pve gear. so yeah you gonna have to do your crafting, etc. its just like ro or l2
  • I'm quite looking forward to this game since pvp and pve will be intrinsically tied together. I'd say I'm primarily a pvper but I enjoy the process of getting stronger and aiming for the top. I also love that crafting will be the way to get the best gear since I usually craft my own.
  • KrakhunKrakhun Member, Intrepid Pack
    I'm an old gamer and I like the excitement of open world pvp, even though i'm not very good at it. One of the things I think UO did very well in this area, was give the person being attacked a fair chance to escape. Fight or die gets old after a while, if those are your only two options. Things like recall (which I know AOC won't have) but, true stealth, true invisibility, sprint + stamina build, etc. These are all ways that might help a person escape a pker. And they could also help the pker, so its not as if it would change the balance of the game. I just hope they add skills that facilitate a third option when it comes to pvp.