Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Has this happened to you?

George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
You tried to login on forums, asked to sign in, then you couldn't sign in and asked to confirm your email address, only to find out that your email address has been replaced with some nonsense that's definitely not your email.

To my surprise the solution was simple, because on the same screen asking you to confirm your (false) email address, before you are allowed to sign in, I could update my email address (back to the real one) and confirn (the real one) and then sign in.

Has this happened to you?

Comments

• Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nope, and I would definitely open a ticket immediately if I were you. That seems very sketchy.
  • Options
    Don’t forget to set up your 2-factor authentication, @George_Black.

It’s a nice feature that not many MMOs have.

Never had issues here … most likely because of that.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Don’t forget to set up your 2-factor authentication, @George_Black.

It’s a nice feature that not many MMOs have.

Never had issues here … most likely because of that.

Also this yes. I use Authy and have it synced on both my PC and 2 phones, one just being my old backup phone in case I lose my currently active phone.
  • Options
    I do think the forum kicks you out too much. I'm on here checking everyday, but have to sign in once a day / every other day.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There is also a bug in which if you star out the password access fails. I have to show my password to enter.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Neurath wrote: »
    There is also a bug in which if you star out the password access fails. I have to show my password to enter.

Uh, I'd check into this one more specifically if I were you.

If Intrepid doesn't confirm this as a bug, expect that's more of a specific type of malicious actor on your system.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2022
    It only happens on my phone. It was left over from the shop bug back in the day.

Edit: when the password and username is entered on hidden mode it tries to log in automatically and fails. Hence, when I reveal the password it becomes manual and succeeds.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I do think the forum kicks you out too much. I'm on here checking everyday, but have to sign in once a day / every other day.

Yeah, that happens on both my PC browser and phone browser. Signing in is easy (and I've never experienced anything like the issue George described, I think he got hacked) but it definitely doesn't retain my login information from day to day. That has been an issue since the very beginning for this generation of the forums. (The last 2 or 3 forums we had for this game weren't like that.)

Hhak63P.png