Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Top 3 hopes for 2023 Dev Updates.

WHIT3ROS3WHIT3ROS3 Member
edited December 2022 in General Discussion
We saw a lot in 2022 and with more to come in 2023, I was thinking about what are the 3 main things regarding development I am looking forward to seeing more about. There are of course many different things that we could see, but if you could only select 3, to see, in 2023, what would they be? :smiley:

Primary Archetypes:
With the previews of the Fighter, Cleric and Ranger that we have seen so far (and with the Tank and Mage well represented in Alpha 1) I really hope that we get to see something from all of the primary archetypes in 2023.

Send Nodes:
I'm really looking forward to seeing the full progression of a Node from Wilderness to Metropolis. The icing on the cake would be to see how the different racial traits augment the Nodes. How different really is a Tulnar Town from a Dunir Town?

Naval System:
Does Intrepid plan to launch Alpha 2 with the Naval system? Do they see it as an update once Alpha 2 launches? Is that still in the air?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    1. Alpha 2
    2. Mage class - I'd like to see this soon so we can get as much passes on it as possible. Getting a magic class to a good place is harder than a warrior class. Them spells gotta be spectacular.
    3. End game
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    1- Alpha 2 timeline, even if it's just a date in the future.
    2- Seeing their take on Summoner/Necromancer.
    3- Also a big fan of nodes and node progression.
    ob4olqinudwv.png

discord.gg/pFCdaWM - Building a community across multiple games,
    including Ashes of Creation! Looking for members of all kinds to really pour
    our all into the Alpha 2, Betas, and then launch.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2022
    1. Summoner
    2. Crafting
    3. Taming and animal husbandry
    4. and obviously A2
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited December 2022
    Nerror wrote: »
    1. Summoner
    2. Crafting
    4. and obviously A2

That’s four (4) @Nerror not three …

b05ut20je1y6.jpeg
  • Options
    1.-NODESSSSSSSSS , but above all, level 5 or 6 nodes, I can't wait to see how the metropolis will be with UE5.
    2.- Combat polished and improved , (cof cof more mobility and movement ).
    3.- Wynne McLaughlin Lore.
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. Summoner
    2. Crafting
    4. and obviously A2

b05ut20je1y6.jpeg

I am a rebel like that... :D I just included it as an obvious thing I suppose.
  • Options
    I don't really want an alpha 2 timeline because it would put unnecesarry pressure (I'm sure Intrepid would be wise enough to not fall for this but still, it's better for a risk to not exist rather than just be small) on the developers to rush it and even if they rush it by 1% its still bad.

I'd rather it be sort of a surprise with rumors/indirect announcements pointing towards it 2-3 months before it being publicly anounced (shortly before releasing).

What do I hope to see more of ?

1. How archetypes work. I hope they're going to go for very distinct classes, very much like World of Warcraft specs.
    2. Nodes. This is arguably the nr1 feature of the game and its greatst innovation.
    3. Sea content. Yeah, I'm also the guy claiming they should not release combat until it's polished but still, I hope to see a polished sample this year. I don't expect it to be part of Alpha 2 at start but something to be added towards the end of the Alpha 2 anyway.

• Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    1. Summoner
    2. Crafting
    4. and obviously A2

b05ut20je1y6.jpeg

2 and 3 are basically the same thing
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    So.. at this point all I want is get to testing, that's all I care about for 2023, I've seen enough showcases
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    1. An in depth look at the archetype/augment system in action
    2. An overview of nodes, such as: voting/node government, policies, node-node relations, node reputation, node structures, leveling, etc.
    3. More on crafting. We still need to see processing and crafting. I want to see working examples of the crafting process they've talked about

The Naval system is important, but not necessary for Alpha 2. They can always add it in along the way when it's ready.

On a side note, I think Intrepid should give us an update on the overall progress of the game. We haven't gotten an official update on the road map in a while. No release dates or anything, just shed some light on where we are at. What percentage of the world map is completed, The node systems, classes, crafting, naval system, everything. What still needs to be done before A2?
  • Options
    Liniker wrote: »
    So.. at this point all I want is get to testing, that's all I care about for 2023, I've seen enough showcases

Well, you had better buckle up, because 2023 will most likely be showing the continued development of the game. ;)
  • Options
    Nodes 3! And 4!
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Alpha 2.
    Alpha 2.
    And finally Alpha 2.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Natasha wrote: »
    Alpha 2.
    Alpha 2.
    And finally Alpha 2.

So to be clear. You would like them to announce and launch Alpha 2 even if they are not ready, the content isn't complete and the mechanics don't work? You would prefer just to have a date and launch regardless of anything and everything else? Seems reasonable.
  • Options
    WHIT3ROS3 wrote: »
    Natasha wrote: »
    Alpha 2.
    Alpha 2.
    And finally Alpha 2.

So to be clear. You would like them to announce and launch Alpha 2 even if they are not ready, the content isn't complete and the mechanics don't work? You would prefer just to have a date and launch regardless of anything and everything else? Seems reasonable.

I'm in the same boat as liniker.

They've reiterated that alpha won't start with everything and that's fine in my book. But we've had almost a year and a half now of no testing. I've switched off the live streams because I'm just getting sick of being shown things.

Even if its shy of announcing alpha 2 they could start introducing things to spot test. they're adding so many features to the game and asking our opinions on them and we haven't had a chance to touch them. How can we form an idea for an argument on whether we like it or not when we have next to no context on how it actually works and feels in the world?
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    So you want to have access to systems and content that the designers and creators don't feel is ready for public-facing testing? If the systems aren't in a state, ready to be tested, what good would it be to give people access to them? Surely it would just delay and mess up development?

Also. I was always under the impression it would be several years between Alpha 1 and Alpha 2. Steven has even said that he is committed to finding the extra years of development he feels will be needed.
  • Options
    WHIT3ROS3 wrote: »
    So you want to have access to systems and content that the designers and creators don't feel is ready for public-facing testing? If the systems aren't in a state, ready to be tested, what good would it be to give people access to them? Surely it would just delay and mess up development?

If that was the case then why are they showing these things to the public and then asking to contribute to their development of the feature that's not ready for the public, if you're asking the public for feedback and showing that feature to the public then the public should also be testing that feature.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    They are showing things that are ready to be shown. Due to the fact that they are very much in the middle of development, they can take that feedback to inform and shape how development continues. Testing is a very different animal from asking people's opinions on conceptual design.

I just find it strange when some just shout "Alpha 2! Alpha 2!" that doesn't make it come sooner. Or make development faster. I'm pretty sure that when they are ready to announce an Alpha 2 date we will know about it almost instantly. So I don't really get the point in demanding Alpha 2 when it's clear the game isn't anywhere near ready for Alpha 2 testing yet.
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Working Prototypes.
  • Options
    Does lore count as development updates....? because I'd love to see more lore development. Places, people, creatures, ruins, relic items----
    I find lore fascinating and helps to make the game more interesting when you have a connection to a place, mob, or npc
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    1) Broad Quarterly Roadmap
    2) More detail of UI of support screens
    3) Walk through of the more developed cities
  • Options
    Probably the rest of the archetype showcases, cuz the sooner those happen, the sooner Alpha 2 happens. But also I'm genuinely curious. I haven't even thought about a main. Launch feels so far away sometimes, and a lot is still unknown.

Would also like to see classes/secondary archetypes in dev updates after, and what changes they plan to make to skill trees towards Alpha 2. I'm really interested in character customization
  • Options
    1. Alpha 2 roadmap (dates or no dates, but just how far we've come and whats left to be done before A2)
    2. Primary archtypes and glimpses into classes/augments!
    3. ANYTHING BOATS AND NAVAL

The rest is already far in the works and will be nice to hear about but nothing that excited! I would like to hear about artisan classes and how they will work. Freehold buildings, and just general stuff. But Naval and Archtypes are very CORE things that would be great to see A LOT OF in 2023, anticipating a 2024 A2.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2023
    Some more raid or instances boss fights - either with PI or just the Dev Team.

Edit: oh, we needed 3. Further two:

Navy preview.
    And,
    Bounty Hunter preview.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    mykmyk Member
    I think a timeline is really the only thing I care about.

Obviously, as the old saying goes, every plan (or timeline) is invalid the minute it hits the real world... but having a target, trying to hit a goal, that kind of mentality helps me, at least, finish things.

Of course, this game is something we all want to be successful, and I think its obvious the community supports Intrepid and very much is willing to be patient and wait for the depth of quality that we're looking for in a game - and simply cannot find anywhere right now.

That being said, some kind of schedule would be nice. Even if its extremely generous and still fails to hit the mark, some idea that yes, the folks driving the car actually understand the people riding along want to get to the destination, would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    novercalisnovercalis Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    they gave an ich, ya trying to take a mile.

Be grateful they are this much open and transparent with development.

Most other games, dev don't let you in during the creation process.
    Most mmo games on average takes 10 years to make.
    {UPK} United Player Killer - All your loot belongs to us.
  • Options
    1 - announcement about a dropped feature to speed up development
    2 - announcement that the rest of the classes will be introduced during Alpha 2 (or after release)
    3 - all future streams to include PvP too
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    VoxtriumVoxtrium Member
    edited January 2023
    1. 2. 3. Give me Alpha 2, I want to feel their game so that I can truly judge it. I am good on the updates until Alpha 2 is out.
    If alpha 2 will not be ready this year then

1. Nodes 1-6 WITH their racial augments applied to their buildings
    2. The augment system
    3. All 8 primary classes.

• Options
    Why so many care about specific classes? Sure they all should be good. But the key features of the game are not revealed. Isn't that much more exciting?

Nooooodes
    Naval content
    Noooodees ( there are enough ascepts about it for a second video!)
  • Options
    1. Navel stuff fishing, warfare, pirates?
    2. Sep. release of Alpha 2
    3. crafting process