Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What was the biggest Ashes piece of news or reveal for you in 2022?

NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited December 2022 in General Discussion
Happy New Year all! <3

What reveal or piece of news about Ashes of Creation was the biggest for you in 2022? The weather? Character creator? Tulnar? Something else?

Personally, if I have to pick one of them, it's probably the weather system. It looks and sounds stunning, and with all the detail we'll get, like changing creature looks (fur color, the leaves on the timeless terrapin, etc) it's going to bring the world alive in ways we rarely even see in single-player games. Add to that all the game mechanic changes it brings, and I think the weather system for me has been the best/most impactful reveal in 2022.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, weather for me too. It was just too good.
  • Options
    StreviStrevi Member
    edited December 2022
    Happy New Year!

The ocean being auto-flag PvP..

I like the weather in Valheim more.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    CptBrownBeardCptBrownBeard Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Probably the character creator. I typically use a lot of default settings in games, but this CC might change that.
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The Celestial Dragon God Tatzelwyrm.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    Constant PvP on open ocean is huge. I had been talking about implementing it for awhile on here and it happened!!!

The weather mechanics is a close 2nd. But right there with it is the world size increase.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    I think it's probably the weather system as well. The whole node policy system seems very interesting too.
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Active blocking.
  • Options
    Active blocking.

Must be because I'm just waking up. I read this like being able to block other people's characters and my initial reaction was, "Oh. Yeah. Thank god for that."
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PvP on the Open Seas is the most significant.
    My favorite was the UE5 Character Creator. It includes about 90% of what I was hoping for.

Perhaps biggest non-news is that Alpha 2 will not happen before 2023.