Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Ashes needs some primal/savage class names.

JamieKaosJamieKaos Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited January 2023 in General Discussion
I'm going to keep pushing this lol

I love barbaric and savage classes as well as elemental and nature based classes.

When looking at the purposed class names there really seems to be a theme. Most of them, aside from a few, seem like they fall more into shining knights and valor.

When I look at the classes I don't see any names that I have a connection to. There's no barbarian or berserker or anything that makes me think of a battle hungry psycho that I can role play as an anti hero and with the game getting it's origins from Pathfinder it is a bit sad to see.

Hell, where is the thief and scoundrel for the rouge or the druid under the summoner?

I know that everything is still in development and we really haven't seen much in terms of classes but I really feel like we are missing some staple fantasy classes.
r0jyzz3tdhj5.png

Comments

• edited January 2023
    Dreadnought is the only one I have hope for atm, hoping it leans into barbarian flavor, totally with you here. I honestly might prefer the reverse playstyle, Tank, flavored with melee Fighter dps, but naming that archetype Knight kills it for me.
    Knight=Pally or fallen Pally to me, Not interested.
  • JamieKaosJamieKaos Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Dreadnought is the only one I have hope for atm, hoping it leans into barbarian flavor, totally with you here. I honestly might prefer the reverse playstyle, Tank, flavored with melee Fighter dps, but naming that archetype Knight kills it for me.
    Knight=Pally or fallen Pally to me, Not interested.

Knight absolutely kills it for me, I hate the idea of my Ren'Kai or Tulnar being called a Knight. I'm actually in the same boat with you where Dreadnought is the only one that I like the name of.

I plan to Tank and there isn't a single class name that I'm excited for.
    r0jyzz3tdhj5.png
  • In before the expected response...

"Maybe this game is not for us?" lol

Still lookin forward to giving it a go.
  • In before the expected response...

It's funny because it's true.

Such a meme response at this point

• JamieKaosJamieKaos Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    In before the expected response...

It's funny because it's true.

Such a meme response at this point

It really this, this isn't us crying that we won't play the game because it has PvP 🤣

I'm still going to play it but I want me some savage classes 🥴
    r0jyzz3tdhj5.png
  • SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    JamieKaos wrote: »

I love barbaric and savage classes as well as elemental and nature based classes.

When looking at the purposed class names there really seems to be a theme. Most of them, aside from a few, seem like they fall more into shining knights and valor.

When I look at the classes I don't see any names that I have a connection to. There's no barbarian or berserker or anything that makes me think of a battle hungry psycho that I can role play as an anti hero and with the game getting it's origins from Pathfinder it is a bit sad to see.

Hell, where is the thief and scoundrel for the rouge or the druid under the summoner?

I know that everything is still in development and we really haven't seen much in terms of classes but I really feel like we are missing some staple fantasy classes.

Wildblade bout as savage as it gets.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I'm really confused as to why people would consider a class name to be anything that actually matters at all.

Your class name is a term applied via a game system. It is not (or should not, at least) be anything that has any impact in game at all. Your class name is literally just a designation of the skill kit you have selected to make use of.

If you want to be a savage class, play what ever class best suits you in a savage manner. I simply don't understand at all how this could be anything other than "problem solved".
  • JamieKaos wrote: »

Steven told the class will have these names. These names will not be changed so if you want to change classes' name, you better change game. This game is not for you ! *troll*
  • I'm interested about Shadowblade (Fighter + Rogue) even though its name sounds little bit edgy into my ears. :sweat_smile:

If I'm going to play that class as my main I will make sure that my character doesn't look like those "shining knights". :smirk:

I don't have anything against current class names but I also would have hoped AoC to have some barbaric classes. But, let's see what the future brings to us. :sunglasses:
  • I dunno...their 8x8 matrix seems to have a pretty good variety.
    Noaani wrote: »
    I'm really confused as to why people would consider a class name to be anything that actually matters at all.

Your class name is a term applied via a game system. It is not (or should not, at least) be anything that has any impact in game at all. Your class name is literally just a designation of the skill kit you have selected to make use of.

If you want to be a savage class, play what ever class best suits you in a savage manner. I simply don't understand at all how this could be anything other than "problem solved".

right? it's more about the class's abilities and their style.
    You could have a class named "uber berserking bloodbath slayer" and it be a healer. The name doesn't really mean anything so much as the skills and how you use them.
  • They have plenty of names that can be more on the savage side x70brfxtcyb0.png

I'm guessing this post comes down to wanting a barbarian archetype and 8 classes that go with it. Lucky for me though I tend to like a lot of classes than only playing one and the same one in every mmorpg.

Always a chance for more classes in the future if the game does well though.
  • edited January 2023
    Adding more classes to an 8x8 grid sounds at best, messy. Yeah, we want to go berzerk, and unless we are missing something, archetype does not exist.

Even having 1 or 2 of the existing classes flavored that way would go a long way. Dreadnaught seems the obvious choice, hunter maybe but this ranger type feels more, distance sniper design less wilderness savage.
    Adding more classes to an 8x8 grid sounds at best, messy. Yeah, we want to go berzerk, and unless we are missing something, archetype does not exist.

Even having 1 or 2 of the existing classes flavored that way would go a long way. Dreadnaught seems the obvious choice, hunter maybe but this ranger type feels more, distance sniper design less wilderness savage.

I'm thinking Wild Blade will go that way too. Like a Spiritual Warrior type.
  • The playstyle is what does it for me. If a bladedancer turns out to be super in line with a barbarian/savage, I'd go for it if that was the style I want to play. I could care less about the actual name of the class. That being said, I do indeed hope there is a playstyle that matches the barbarian/savage/rage archetype.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Wild Blade sounds good from a name perspective, the caster part ends all interest.
    Wild Blade sounds good from a name perspective, the caster part ends all interest.

They'll be a melee summoner. and I mained battlemage/magic melee styles my whole MMO career.
  • Sure, that sounds like a great class for you. But it isn't a pure melee rage based dps. Battlemage isn't remotely similar to the archetype we are discussing here lol. I am glad you will have the perfect class for you, with 64 options we all should, thus the frustration from the berzerker archetype fans.
    Sure, that sounds like a great class for you. But it isn't a pure melee rage based dps. Battlemage isn't remotely similar to the archetype we are discussing here lol. I am glad you will have the perfect class for you, with 64 options we all should, thus the frustration from the berzerker archetype fans.

I'm actually hoping they're like a Shamanic Berserker but we'll see.

I'd prefer I'm up there side by side with my Fighters and Tanks.
  • Noaani wrote: »

Cause its a roleplaying game