Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Treasure Hunting is a way of life. What "way of life" profession are you interested in?

KrakhunKrakhun Member, Intrepid Pack
My first character is defiantly going to be a treasure hunter. Either an Assassin, Nightspell, or Shadow Lord depending on the augment skills. Fishing for the gathering skill.

I am curious what other way of life professions people are interested in. I'm not sure how it would work, but information broker might be interesting. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    TacquitoTacquito Member
    edited January 2023
    I will be a Kaelar Shadow Disciple. I will not have a freehold, but do hope to have a very nice abode in the city.

If possible, I will spec dps for PVE content.

I will live in an economic node and be a true master of the economy and markets. I plan to be a crafter, though possibly a gatherer due to the fact that I don't want to manage a freehold. Most of my market activity will be buy/sell, rather than craft/sell or gather/sell. I'll be willing to buy/sell anything with good profit, though I don't intend to focus on bulk commodities, but rather, more rare and out of season items. I plan to run caravans and be the healer for my caravan parties. My caravans will be very well defended, with highest quality parts and defensive options. In addition to running caravans, I will also move materials in a smaller, more stealth/tactical ways as needed.

If you see or hear that I am moving a caravan through the area, you will get out of the way.

• Options
    ThatGuyPowersThatGuyPowers Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 2023
    I plan to play a trickster nikua or Tulnar as for way of professions I want to go really deep into cooking and own a pretty good big tavern so most of my time would be making food and helping my node progress to higher tiers
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I will play a Shaman or Oracle with a Bow and Arrows. I plan to fixate on levelling until max level and then will switch into Bounty Hunting and Caravan Protection rackets. I would aim to make as much money as possible from Caravan Protection and Bounty Hunting. I plan to defend my chosen Node and also assist my Guild with Guild Wars.

I think I plan to buy my equipment rather than craft the equipment. I would venture into Raids and Dungeons for fun rather than for gear enhancements except in specific circumstances. I'm not much of a crafter but I might be a gatherer just for the usual pastime whilst levelling.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Crafting dunir tank in a snowy mountain.
  • Options
    Personally won't make commitments until mechanics become more clear in Alpha 2.

From an RP standpoint, I like that people are excited about character concepts, though
  • Options
    KrakhunKrakhun Member, Intrepid Pack
    mcnasty wrote: »
    I will be a Kaelar Shadow Disciple. I will not have a freehold, but do hope to have a very nice abode in the city.

If possible, I will spec dps for PVE content.

I will live in an economic node and be a true master of the economy and markets. I plan to be a crafter, though possibly a gatherer due to the fact that I don't want to manage a freehold. Most of my market activity will be buy/sell, rather than craft/sell or gather/sell. I'll be willing to buy/sell anything with good profit, though I don't intend to focus on bulk commodities, but rather, more rare and out of season items. I plan to run caravans and be the healer for my caravan parties. My caravans will be very well defended, with highest quality parts and defensive options. In addition to running caravans, I will also move materials in a smaller, more stealth/tactical ways as needed.

If you see or hear that I am moving a caravan through the area, you will get out of the way.

That sounds pretty cool. You could even loan money to people you trust and collect interest or maybe a pawnshop where you take high quality items as collateral. If I'm not mistaken you can build a mansion on a freehold if you don't want the processing equipment.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If jack of all trades is a way of life, then that. I want to be Summoner if they make it well, but I'll probably change secondary around often to keep things fresh.
    • Some days I want to be The Karen / The Elon (summoner/bard), summoning up misery and damage with my words.
    • Sometimes I'll want to hang out with that guys dead wife, or someones brother, and switch to Necromancer.
    • Other days I'll want to emasculate the group's tank, and make him question his life choices with my GigaChad (summoner/tank).

I like the swiss army knife potential the summoner hopefully brings to the table.
  • Options
    I freaking love exploring. I would drive my boyfriend crazy when he'd watch me play Breath of the Wild because I was just all over the place exploring every nook and cranny. Same with No Man's Sky...lol. So I plan on just wandering the world as much as I can...gathering what I can as I go. I'm not much of a crafter.
    So I suppose I would be a gatherer to collect things as I explore...and....perhaps kill some players along the way

I'm thinking Shadow Disciple, Scryer, cultist.....gotta be a cleric in some form :smiley:
  • Options
    I plan to be a Rogue(Class TBD) who has mastered the way of the blade. Both in its creation and use. I will use my proficiency in stealth to smuggle a handful of valuable components to various nodes and freeholds unseen. In the rare instance that I am spotted while moving my goods, I will slice down anyone foolish enough to attack.