Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Expansions/Progressive Content

With a game that has so much to offer at launch. What will the expansions be like to bring in new content on a regular basis that is progressive in nature? Will we have level increases or higher tiered gear to progress to?

Comments

• Options
    I think that's a discussion for when the game is closer to launch--we're not at the beta yet. I think it's a bit premature to talk about expansions.

Though I imagine one expansion could be to make the world larger with new zones and more things to explore regarding lore.
  • Options
    I would prefer new classes and massive story changes which affect existing continents rather than level increases or higher tiered gear.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Like most other things Ashes related, it has been asked, answered and clarified over the years. Before setting expectations on what you want, look to the wiki and see what you are going to get.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Expansions
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks Unknownsystemerror. I think it is important to have in mind when creating any game.
  • Options
    I imagine they will add more events, which we may not even realise have been added, as they will simply pop up on some new trigger hitherto before not seen, such as instead of the usual zombie raid when a node levels to town, there may be a new Monster Coin event to add variety to the attacks on ascending nodes.

I doubt there will be new zones/maps as this will change the population/node balance & dynamics.