Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How will freehold cosmetics work?

KrakhunKrakhun Member, Intrepid Pack
On a freehold, you can upgrade a house to a mansion if you choose not to add processing equipment and things of that nature. One of the freehold cosmetic I have, is a hunter's cabin. If I upgrade the house to a "mansion" will my Hunter's cabin become a hunter's lodge? Or is the cosmetic only good for a certain size house? If freehold cosmetics do upgrade, what would you like to see.

Comments

• Options
    Those are some amazing questions. If only we knew. After 5 years of selling that shit Intrepid still hasn't told us.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    good question, I'd include about the different freehold Tiers of cosmetics they sold during Kickstarter, are the current cosmetics for all tiers or only T1? and are they only for specific buildings? which ones? all good questions that should be addressed ASAP
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Krakhun wrote: »
    On a freehold, you can upgrade a house to a mansion if you choose not to add processing equipment and things of that nature. One of the freehold cosmetic I have, is a hunter's cabin. If I upgrade the house to a "mansion" will my Hunter's cabin become a hunter's lodge? Or is the cosmetic only good for a certain size house? If freehold cosmetics do upgrade, what would you like to see.

You actually cannot upgrade a house to a mansion on a freehold. The only "mansions" on the server are the 8 initial houses that were in a Stage 3 Node that has since grown to one of the 5 Metropolis stages. That means there are only 40 mansions available on any server at one time.

Steven directly answered the idea of a house taking up the entire freehold, and it cannot.

Buildings when they grow on freeholds grow vertically as the plot is fixed at 0.5 square acres (subject to change)™
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101