Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Class Skill Suggestion

Hello everyone,

I would like to make a suggestion about the Class system because the current variations doesn't look enough in order to
define these 64 classes. I agree about and understand the system you came with - 8 major classes that can choose different augments and change their skills but this looks like a poor class development. Also, I agree that we won't have class quests... But in every MMORPG game you have something unique for your class when it awakens, reach certain level or you combine skills.What i could suggest is to add an option to Create an unique - passive or active ability for your Class when you reach
level 25. The creation of that ability might not be easy or it may be different regarding how and with what you want to combine and create it with.
For example: you might want to create a special ability to support your allies as an aura that gives more hp/healing or active buff that boosts everyone for 1 minute or more. Or damage ability the becomes more powerful with bigger area damage.
Otherwise these Classes seems pointless even mentioning them. Like even Metropolis will have a super power ability...
I believe it seems right that every class shoul have something unique depending on player preferences.
You could even create a skill with the combination of Skill + epic or legendary materials, gems.
I just can't imagine a Guardian for example that can just augment the same skills just to boost them further. Feels little bit lacking. Excuse me if i have gone to far, that's a simple suggestion how to make the Classes little bit more unique.

Thank you and have a great year!
dvrm2vh34f32.png

Comments

• Options
    You should really just look at Ashes as a game with 8 "classes". Augments might in fact give you the feeling as if you're quite different from what your archetype is, but I wouldn't bet on it. So it's easier to expect 8 classes and be pleasantly surprised than to expect 64 completely unique feeling dudes.

That "special ability" has been suggested before and I do think it's a good idea in concept, but I want to see the current system first before making a final judgement.
  • Options
    Hello everyone,

I would like to make a suggestion about the Class system because the current variations doesn't look enough in order to
    define these 64 classes. I agree about and understand the system you came with - 8 major classes that can choose different augments and change their skills but this looks like a poor class development. Also, I agree that we won't have class quests... But in every MMORPG game you have something unique for your class when it awakens, reach certain level or you combine skills.What i could suggest is to add an option to Create an unique - passive or active ability for your Class when you reach
    level 25. The creation of that ability might not be easy or it may be different regarding how and with what you want to combine and create it with.
    For example: you might want to create a special ability to support your allies as an aura that gives more hp/healing or active buff that boosts everyone for 1 minute or more. Or damage ability the becomes more powerful with bigger area damage.
    Otherwise these Classes seems pointless even mentioning them. Like even Metropolis will have a super power ability...
    I believe it seems right that every class shoul have something unique depending on player preferences.
    You could even create a skill with the combination of Skill + epic or legendary materials, gems.
    I just can't imagine a Guardian for example that can just augment the same skills just to boost them further. Feels little bit lacking. Excuse me if i have gone to far, that's a simple suggestion how to make the Classes little bit more unique.

each class will already have unique skills, they are called augmenting your skills.
  • Options
    Gui10Gui10 Member
    edited January 2023

You as well!

Every class will have many different options for unique passive and active abilities bsaed on player preference. I think you might be slightly misinformed.

As for the "create your own skill", it sounds fun for sure, but I don't think it's a good idea for this game and I don't think it's necessary considering the vast array of skills already available with every class and archtype combination.

In your defense, I would say that it made me think of an idea that I think could work for Ashes and also solve your problem: having a whole other skill tree that is universal. Meaning every class can go into that skill tree and pick out ... one ability every 15 levels or one at 25 and one at 50 lets say. That tree would be full of every kind of spell, with different variations and points you can use to modify them. Actives, passives, stealthy things, magical things, speed boosts, group abilities, etc. I think that could be fun.
  • Options
    Hello everyone,

I don't understand how you can think it's poor class development when we know so little about it.

As it stands right now augments could have any number of effects on the primarily class abilities. They have effectively said it could change the function of the ability entirely.