Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Noble Featherstone Carriage Clarification

edited January 2023 in General Discussion
Hi, I'd like some clarification on this new item

This item says "ground caravan cosmetic skin". Does it come with the drake attached? Since we know flying mounts are extremely rare, is this just a walking drake then, or do you just get the carriage? If you only get the carriage what type of mount do i need for it since it's just a GROUND caravan? It's quite confusing.

t2iq49r766pn.jpg
m6jque7ofxxf.gif

Comments

• Options
    This 100% is a walking drake and the carriage "floats" like 2 feet over the ground where the wheels would have had it held.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Nova_terra wrote: »
    This 100% is a walking drake and the carriage "floats" like 2 feet over the ground where the wheels would have had it held.

So it's basically a mount then and not a caravan cosmetic skin....? Can i sprint with it like a regular mount? And if not, what is the purpose for it?
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    It is the Caravan with the Drake attached to it. i dont think you can use the Drake as a Mount.
    The Mount you get from this Months Cosmetic is the Spider-thingy
    uwu
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Izzetin wrote: »
    It is the Caravan with the Drake attached to it. i dont think you can use the Drake as a Mount.

If you placed this into a cosmetic category knowing it has the drake attached to it to pull carriage. It would be in the mount category.

So can you jump/leap/sprint with the drake+carriage?

If it's not a mount, who is controlling it/moving it? Or is it just standing still for decoration?
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    I am a bit confused as almost (if not all) of the monthly cosmetics have a caravan cosmetic, and many if not all of them feature an animal pulling them. This is just more of the same.
  • Options
    VoxtriumVoxtrium Member
    edited January 2023
    I would actually like some clarification, if we know caravan mounts can change in quality based on their breeds, does the mount they show us pulling the caravan act as only a skin and not represent any actual stats behind it.
    Edit:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Caravan_skins

The skin changes the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.[3][4]
    The caravan and mount components of the skin are not able to be utilized separately.[3][4]
    Building, ship, caravan and mount cosmetics require an in-game item to be obtained first to apply the cosmetic

NVM
  • Options
    You don't get the drake as a mount, with this skin it goes over the caravan you start in game. That's it.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You will ride the Drake when you are moblising the caravan. We've seen the devs ride the 'animal' attached to the caravans before.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited January 2023
    Izzetin wrote: »

This is the correct answer.

Intrepid could (at a later time) detach the Drake and use it as a mount.

But, a separate Drake mount isn't included in the pre-order package (regardless of how much complaining happens in this forums thread).