Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Vaelune in Character Creator

Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I hope we can customise the Vaelune special effects in the character creator. I realise they won't appear until after we step through the portals but I think i would prefer a preview or the ability to perfect the colours, positions and vibrancies of the effects. I'm really stoked by the Jinn connections and I can't wait to play a Vaelune.
2a3b8ichz0pd.gif

Comments

• Neurath wrote: »
    I hope we can customise the Vaelune special effects in the character creator. I realise they won't appear until after we step through the portals but I think i would prefer a preview or the ability to perfect the colours, positions and vibrancies of the effects. I'm really stoked by the Jinn connections and I can't wait to play a Vaelune.

Customizing spell effects isnt a core mechanic detailled in the long list of features they have promised to far so I would not at all expect it in any near future.

DOwn the line, however, it could be interesint to have limited customizaiton of spells (i still want to be able to recognize a spell regardless of the race playing the class);. Or even, customization of something other than spells, like mount riding, crafting, such more pve things.

• Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited January 2023
    - snip -
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Its not spells I want customised, its the essence tears which appear in the skin. It directly relates to character creation. Whether the devs will let us customise these essence skin tears is another matter hence this thread.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Neurath wrote: »

I am sure we'll be able to if Intrepid wants us to have any sort of choice in the matter. It would make sense for them to let us customize the Jinn stuff too at least.
    Yeah. I appreciate Maggie who told us to change from Py'Rai if we didn't like the branchlers. I haven't seen a preview of Vaelune Essence Tears but it sounds like a cool customisable option.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Neurath wrote: »
    Its not spells I want customised, its the essence tears which appear in the skin. It directly relates to character creation. Whether the devs will let us customise these essence skin tears is another matter hence this thread.

ohhhh MY BAD. I thought you were talking about something to do with character animations while casting spells.

Sooo, i just read a bit about this, because I didnt know about it. I went back to the livestream and it was hard to hear "essence-like" I was hearing something like "essent-like" but I imagine it means the same thing.

IMHO, it will be customizable! If its a part of their physical appearance, I believe it will no doubt be customizable from the creator, and if not, with some sort of mechanic in game.
    edited January 2023
    Yeah. I will be on the hunt for armour which accentuates the positional effects for transmogs - doubt we'll get the perfect onesie from cosmetics.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • edited January 2023
    I had to wiki this because i was confused what you were referring to. But this is a cool idea. I do hope whatever these effects will be, that sets them apart from Kaelar, that you can choose color of them. I color coordinate my character based on the magic/spells/skills i'm using. And i'd prefer if I wasn't stuck on a specific color due to these effects.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
    I love glow effects at night, thus, I hope the essence tears glow. I too want a magic based class (Cleric) which can combine with the essence effects. I'm not sure how many augments can be applied to a single skill but I'm keen to test the Vaelune Racial Augments which I theorise would be linked to the essence.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • chibibreechibibree Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That would be really cool! I know this is kinda like a necro, but I just came across this and I like being able to kind of see what things would look like before getting in game with them. That being said, if they even add a window to see the effects in-game I'd be happy too. Like a preview of sorts.
    I don't mind a good necromancer on my threads lol 😆
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • That would be nice!

I'm considering playing as Vaelune and would love to be able to customize the essence effects. I hope they allow this and give an option to control light exposure during character creation so we can see how it would look at night, like in the GW2 character creation.