Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A variety of ways for select mounts to carry you

ZainoxZainox Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited January 2023 in General Discussion
I've seen in other MMO's, certain mounts which have a unique way to "mount" them, instead of the usual "saddle on the back". I think it could be cool to have mounts in the game which have a unique way of carrying you as you're are mounted. I believe doing so can add extra personality and appeal to a mount. I'm not saying every mount needs to be special. But to have a unique one here and there would add variety and an uniqueness. I've added some images to the post to help convey what I am meaning. But unique mounts could look like: being carried by the mount, being inside of the mounts mouth, holding onto it, dangling off of the mount, Using a lantern or food on a pole to guide it, cute-small mounts that the rider looks too big for, etc~
g1redamfkex2.jpg
9vhziqlpu4qg.jpg
rpxkdfyi9qba.jpg
ig050o79u6rk.jpg
1qrelj49li9a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    A Killer Kangaroo Mount where the rider's in the pouch would be cool.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    yeah the mounts with unique carries are always a ton of fun, the fat chocobo requiring cake as incentive to fly will never not be funny to me
    2edh26ackfsa.png
    The Wolves of Verra
    are recruiting: https://discord.gg/Rt8G3sNYac
  • Options
    Sounds cool
  • Options
    Good remark! I feel that unusual ways of "riding" mounts could also encourage players to stick with certain mounts, even if, for example, their speed or efficiency is not up to par with other mounts.
  • Options
    I support this idea as well.

(Even if it causes the Animation Team to break out in cold sweats ...)
  • Options
    I agree it would be a cool thing. A nice to have, but far from a must have.