Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Freehold skins, worth having more than 1?

Anyone know the answer to this? I've got a skin already, and would like another one, but not if I can't run both at the same time.

Comments

• Options
    DEVDEV Member
    Hello mate, I don't think there will be such a thing, but I think they can bring something like this.
  • Options
    ZainoxZainox Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 2023
    From what I gather: On a Freehold, you can have multiple types of buildings possible to place there. Each type comes with it's own set of skins you can get for it. The one you have would be for a set type of building and you may get other types of skins for the other buildings. So, if you want a custom looking free hold, you may find some worth in owning multiple skins.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Freehold_building_skins
  • Options
    Thanks @zainox, I've already got the Alter of the Venerated, and held off from getting the Solemn Promenade, because I thought they might take the same slot on the Freehold. Whereas this months is a Warehouse, so think I'll take it.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2023
    We don't know anything about how the freehold skins will be applied basically. Over a year ago they promised us more info soon, but they never came through. It's a real problem actually. We simply don't know what we are buying, which buildings the skins can be put on, if we can apply more than one different skin per freehold, or what the deal is. My worry is Intrepid don't know either yet, but still keep selling us skins anyway for things they don't know the use case for. It's a real gamble buying those skins.

Personally I've completely stopped buying any freehold skins. I don't mind supporting the development in general, but the freehold skin thing is a major let-down.
  • Options
    We don't even know if it's worth having one, yet. They refuse to tell us any more about them, despite us asking for months and months and months. The one crappy thing that really stands out against all the positivity surrounding the game.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »
    We don't know anything about how the freehold skins will be applied basically. Over a year ago they promised us more info soon, but they never came through. It's a real problem actually. We simply don't know what we are buying, which buildings the skins can be put on, if we can apply more than one different skin per freehold, or what the deal is. My worry is Intrepid don't know either yet, but still keep selling us skins anyway for things they don't know the use case for. It's a real gamble buying those skins.

Personally I've completely stopped buying any freehold skins. I don't mind supporting the development in general, but the freehold skin thing is a major let-down.

all-of-this-pointing.gif

Yeah, there have been skins I'd have bought, had I known what I could actually use them with. I won't buy any more freehold skins either, until I know what I'm buying.

@Roshen - Can you be the community's hero and get us an answer on this, please? Everyone else has ignored us, and it makes us sad :(
  • Options
    DEV wrote: »
    Hello mate, I don't think there will be such a thing, but I think they can bring something like this.

This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.com/shop

Just don't buy anything unless you know what it is you're buying!
  • Options
    It should be worth it. Some of the building skins thus far have been *very* biome-specific; Some have been specific to jungle-settings, some have been made of ice.

Yours truly has both the February 2021 pack (the Frenchy-lookin' Valentine's pack with the Royal Corgi) to cover "Elf-stuff", and the recent Wardens of the Wild pack (which is kind of Orc-ish, but more backwoods-y than anything else) to cover living in a forest-type setting, and for foraging through the rugged underbrush.

One stronghold skin's more-urban, while the other is MUCH more rural. It's worth it to me, to have options!

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've got several iterations because I don't understand the restrictions. I assume you can build whatever you want on your own plot of land.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Gui10Gui10 Member
    edited January 2023
    Behague wrote: »
    Anyone know the answer to this? I've got a skin already, and would like another one, but not if I can't run both at the same time.

You will be able to place many different types of buildings on a freehold, and you will be able to change them over time. So I dont see why you wouldnt want to have several different skins (both for same building types and diff building types!) if you can afford if and want to!

EDIT: if you want to run both skins at the same time, make sure you are picking two different buildings. I dont think you will be able to plot down two taverns, for example, or two altars, or two stables, etc.
  • Options
    I empathize with your request for clarification. If they haven't yet responded to your request, I'd assume it's because they're still finalizing relevant details.

IMHO, if it turns out their ultimate plan (when they eventually announce it) is drastically different than what is said on the website (or, even if it's a miscommunication) and if you purchased more than one skin and can't use them... I have no doubt that Intrepid we all know and trust will return your money or give you store credits for purchasing other items in the shop. Neither is this game Chronicles of Elyria nor is Steve Caspian.
  • Options
    TatianaTatiana Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Yeah personally I'm not buying skins I'm not sure I'll ever be able to actually use beyond what's in my current pack. Pets, mount, armor/outfit, even housing skins make sense to me but it seems like the vast majority of players probably won't get to be the ones to use the skins for buildings shared by an entire node.
  • Options
    Tatiana wrote: »
    Yeah personally I'm not buying skins I'm not sure I'll ever be able to actually use beyond what's in my current pack. Pets, mount, armor/outfit, even housing skins make sense to me but it seems like the vast majority of players probably won't get to be the ones to use the skins for buildings shared by an entire node.

same---I plan to explore, pvp, gather materials, socialize. using skins for buildings isn't really for me...at least not at the moment until I know how it works.
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    @Roshen - Can you be the community's hero and get us an answer on this, please? Everyone else has ignored us, and it makes us sad :(

Guess we've been burned again...

neil-patrick-harris-upset.gif