Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

WHICH CLASS CAN BE THE BEST IN PVP AND PVE

Comments

• Options
    pretty sure summoner will the best for solo pve T_T
    and cleric will be the best for PVP ;3
  • Options
    DEVDEV Member
    i think rogue (Duelist) will be best for pvp and for pve will best tank(guardian)
  • Options
    Any class typed in CAPS of course.
  • Options
    ashes is too complex to have "best for pvp" class
    by saying best for pvp you mean 1v1? 3v3? 5v5? 10v10? ganking? caravans? arenas? sieges?
    different encounter will have different metas, and with around 14k variations of skills in the game ther will be infinite amount of combinations that will work better or worse in different scenarios
  • Options
    DEVDEV Member
    i mean 1vs1
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Haven't seen much of anything to answer this question.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    None.
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Game_balance

Balancing in Ashes of Creation is group focused not based on 1v1 combat.[1][2]
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    Would be Cleric in pvp and pve solo due to heals being balanced for group play then.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Gui10Gui10 Member
    edited January 2023
    Rogues have always been known for pvp. Mages as well. Warriors offer lots of engage and some cc, rangers a lot of range and disabling the opponents with slows and debuffs. However, whats great about such a diversity in classes is that you can make up a ton of different team compositions, so likely all classes will have a strong impact, with a lesser impact for healers, tanks and supports, which might still help you win, but they rarely are the MVP. DPS classes are "best" in pvp imho.

PvE it depends a whole lot because tanks and healers are just as important but play a totally different role, ofc, so I wouldnt really be able to say who's "best". Tanks are going to be the best tanks, clerics the best healers, as for dps, I feel it will depend a lot of the types of encounters and how big the raids are.

The more immobile you can be during a fight, spell casters will be able to dps more. As for single target, rogues are usually very good, rangers as well. Warriors usually do well with aoe, same with fire mages.

Btw, the table you provided is the archetype list ;)
  • Options
    The intent is to have counters for every class. Hard to say without actually playing the game anyway. I'll keep my current predictions to myself regardless 😜
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • Options
    The upper class. But the proletariat will rise again!
  • Options
    If we end up agreeing on a class, Steven will balance to prove us wrong.
    During Alpha 2 and even Beta we may see balance changes.
    September 12. 2022: Being naked can also be used to bring a skilled artisan to different freeholds... Don't summon family!
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Too early to tell and the balance philosophy may change, whole question is depending on the changes to Class Design and Combat.
  • Options
    In PvE the 1-1 title usually goes to the hybrid. So Cleric or Summoner (or both!) will probably be the best at soloing packs or mini-bosses. Other classes might kill solo mobs faster though.

In PvP they've said it's going to be rock-paper-scissors for 1-1. I'm not sure how finely they are going to differentiate mage-dps from melee-dps from ranged-physical-dps. However, I'm going to predict that Ranger is the most likely to be a good open world PvP class, and Summoner most likely to be a weaker one (pets get ignored).

Which class can PvE the best while in a "PvP spec" and vice-versa is going to be very important in PvX.
  • Options
    I think Soul Weaver will be quite decent overall. Bard buffs and Cleric self heals. Not sure if Bard will have AoE though.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif