Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

A Necromancer's Journal. Entry #5.

Change of plans. I had wanted to get to the "underrealm" and learn more about the creature I saw, but after the investigation had concluded all access to cave entrances have been secured against anyone going in or out. Unfortunately, it seems like i'm going to have to help these meatheads and mages build up this pathetic little town before they're willing to open the caves.
I decided to continue my facade of being a miner, which has proven to be advantageous since mining can't continue while the caves are closed off. The buildings are being built with lumber and stonemasonry, none of which really require a large miner presence. They wanted me to work in the little stone quarry they had made, but after an hour I claimed my wounds were hurting and was allowed to leave.
All of this is tedious. I care nothing about this town or the simplistic fools who inhabit it. I only wish to find that creature and continue my research. The only thing of interest that has happened in the last month was some loud, low-pitched roaring coming from the other side of the mountain. They town's mayor sent a pack of meatheads to investigate. They should be returning sometime in the next few days.
I find myself wondering if it's a dragon, or at least a drake-kin of some sort. I have heard that the chemicals within the drake-kin which allow them to produce fire can also be used, when properly mixed and enchanted, to create a specialized embalming fluid which allows one to keep organs fresh and usable for 3 days after death. I'd be interested to get my hands on some of it.
One of my theories is that, even after death, one can still access the memories stored in the brain. All my tests thus far to retrieve said memories have proven to be failures. I did discover that it's best to preserve as much of the nerve system as possible, which includes removal of the eye while still attached to the brain, along with removal of the spinal cord, while it's still in-tact and attached. Nerves which spread to the limbs and other areas of the body are unnecessary. The problem is that, even after proper removal, there's simply too rapidly a decay for proper experimentation. An extra 3 days though could prove to be all the time I need.
Maybe I can continue my work after all.
0vsxntxgzupq.png