Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Jan 23' Building Cosmetic: Warehouses will be shared? Are these Freehold-placeable?

Noticed that this month's cosmetics included a warehouse skin. Yours truly had previously been under the impression that warehouses were something that would only be like 1/Node-city - but the wiki seems to indicate that everyone will have the option to have a warehouse.

Am I mis-understanding warehouses, in-general? Will most of them be figurative, rather then physical? I know there's a period of plunder that will follow successful sieges, and had previously been under the impression that Node-cities would probably have something akin to a central warehouse that all of the citizens use, and that could be ransacked, after a siege.

The wiki doesn't indicate where these will be placed, however. Do we know anything yet about warehouses asides from the wiki's information? The building-skin for January here is specific to warehouses, and really got me thinking about it.

Hadn't imagined that Node-cities would be full of player-warehouses - but it does make sense, if this is to be the case; Cityscapes can't be just housing, shops, and unique buildings....

Comments

• Options
    Freeholds will give access to the highest tier of processing, to process you'll need gatherables, I assume many of them. Guess the plan is having freehold plots with warehouses. Nice catch on that, one more thing we can draw a conclusion from!
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2023
    I have the same question. I'm reminded of the ice/glass building a while back. Not sure if all warehouse will take the appearance of the current skin or if the skin is for freehold only.

Edit: I checked the news feed and it does say Freehold Skin. My bad.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif